grubee hd hub question

GoldenMotor.com

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
i remember someone saying that the grubee hd axle kit hub had threads on the pedal side which were not isa and his gear/freewheel cassette wouldn't
screw on, he had to order a single freewheel/sprocket from a chinese scooter to use. does anyone know if this is indeed the case now, his post was from 2009.

Lowandslow

Jan 24, 2011
Mesa,AZ
I bought a HD Hub/Axle kit from kingsmotorbikes several months ago and it had the non-standard threads on the pedal side. I just purchased the freewheel they sell and it fit fine. My understanding is they were changing to
the standard threads but who knows if your getting old or new when you order. On a side note kings also sent me the wrong flange for the sprocket
and then never returned my phone calls. Its a good HD setup once you get it
installed. BTW forget the brake, not worth the trouble IMO.

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
well, i got the hub kit and after i bought 3 tools to get the right cog remover, and disassembled the wheel, my old spokes wouldn't fit. the flange on the hd hub was
bigger. so i had to order shorter spokes which i could only find at a place called holmes hobbies. at least i got 13g for more strength. I was told that they would fit thru the rim without drilling out as 12g would require.

shiloh0

Jun 28, 2008
on the hd hub i received, my old cog threaded on, but its too many speeds to fit so i will either get a 5 speed cog or just use the 18t freewheel i bought along with the hub kit.

Interestingly, the other side of the hub where the flanged freewheel/sprocket/brake goes, looks like a left-drive freewheel such as acs southpaw might fit. that would really give a speedy albeit not torquey gearing. i have an acs 18t. Im not sure how my motor would pull with the 18t