Where 2 get jakshaft in oz????

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Sick Bike Parts website says they ship to almost any country. From the research I've done, they offer the best deal on a jackshaft design.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
breno - we've sold plenty to Aus. 10 at time in some cases.

I'd still consider a group buy too.
You could ship 5 for the price of 2 that far.

We invite anyone to get a quote for shipping a single 12-15 or 20 pound box to Australia, then get a quote on a 60 or 70 pound box. We could not ship 5 for the price of 2. Closer would be 5 for the shipping price of 4. 10 for 7 is the best we have done to Oz.

Shipping is stinking expensive. No secret there and certainly not in our control.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
ok boys n girls got one comin sick bike parts will sort u out easy as pi$$. Happy moddin fellas.
Cheers Brendan

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Well the jackshaft arrived on Tuesday takes about 1 month to come in but it's half the price from buying it in other places n oz. A big thanks to sick bike parts for ther quality kit. Turned out to be gr8, changed the derailer to an upper market shimano and it shifts perfectly not 1 prob with it. Getting around is a he11 of alot quicker only if you want to peddle at say 35km/hr u can't really do it but no matter it's a blast. Love the look of ppls faces when they here a 2 stroke mountain bike changing up the gears at WOT bloody priceless..lol

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Well the jackshaft is off and staying off....
IMO you need to stay on the gas hard through the gear changes or theres no point. I've been using my mate and his bike as a reference point from the start for speed, durability,etc..
I noticed if I were to back off for gear changes I would fall too far behind around town through the hills.
But as soon as there was abit of a long flat or down hill I would eat him alive as the tall gearing allows.
In saying that now that I'm back to a 44tooth with a HD rear wheel 0-55km/ph will smash/kill/destroy my same bike setup with the jackshaft kit. Even smashing through the gears wont help i.e, 6 sprockets, 3 chains and 2 freewheels vs 2 sprockets direct drive.
There is a considerable amount of gear losses in my opinion to make the shorter gearing work as you might think it should not to mention the extra break downs I had to deal with. The kit itself is strong but even with a good quality mntn bike chain and derailer with a bike shop tuning the bike derailer up I was really having bad luck.
I gotta admit but its turns a few heads when ya ridin along and changing up the gears sounds cool

r.ly.