things you like to see made for motorized bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio
Re: things you like to see made for MBs

I would like to see a real intake manifold for the CNS carb. Something that is properly ported for the carb on one end and the cylinder on the other end. The stock manifolds are poorly shaped for flow and that stupid plastic adapter bushing on the CNS carb is a joke. Guess I will just have to make my own.
im working on it for a completly ajustubull weedeatter stile carb and the stock carb

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

ncs carb wich ones that
CNS Carburetor for Motorized Bicycles

A marked improvement over the stock 2 stroke NT carb w/some discussion about it here: http://motorbicycling.com/f3/new-carb-dellorto-style-performance-carb-14029.html I just got one meself... but I've not run it yet as I've not finished my build *sigh*

I agree with sportscarpat & michaelgrav - while it's nice that an offset intake is included as the carb is significantly larger (length frm intake to air filter, the height is about the same), it is kinda cheesy, same as stock but worse as there's more of it lol;

A larger inner diameter to increase flow as has been suggested may not have as much as an effect as desired. The passage through the CNS carb isn't nearly as large as the nylon spacer needed to make the intake fit would have you think - it's almost exactly the same as the ID on the stock intake manifold anyway... but it's defo something that could be improved on ;) What's nice about that nylon shim is that if a aluminum intake was made for it, it wouldn't need to sacrifice ID for the thicker walls - bet that's why they needed to shim it for the steel manifold, it's prolly meant for an aluminum one *shrug*

Last edited:

jdmpunk

May 4, 2009
ohio

so far i like all the ideas keep them coming. aventuily ill get a good product line together and get the websit done and parts listed with pay pall thanks kyle

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton

i can help with the parts. but as for the hot female groupies, we ride bicycles.

Ehhh be nice theyre cool bicycles and we deserve some hot groupies, we should have a vote to se how many people want groopies over other parts i for one would sacrafise the clutch linkage and ummmmmm possibly the advance timming as i have messed around with that yet for some nice hot groupies :D:D:D.wee.

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa

I have one of thoose CNS style carbs.
Maybe a knockoff or something i dont know.
I ran it for a bit yesterday.

In my opinion..and in the case of the one i have......
It didnt work well.

You'll notice that the needle is alot thinner and it just dosen't run right.
I lost half my power over the whole range.
I'm not giving up but the one i have will need new jets and a new needle and a new atomizer to be correct.

It's just not jetted properly for this application.

PaulFlorida

Dec 4, 2009
central florida

Rich is right on that. Where in the world can you get jets for the CNS carb? I'm not a fan of drill/solder techniques. My bike was waaay rich across the board, so I dropped the needle all the way down, and it cleaned up ok. That is just a band-aid fix for an overly rich main-jet though. The CNS is just a pw80 carb, but no local cycle shops helped, and I cant find anything online. I would like to see a complete top-end assembly; jug, head, piston, rings, gaskets, neeldle bearing. It would include revised port-timing, actual squish, and a recomended pipe and intake. Bolt-on and go. Scooters have 'em, and I want one.

Last edited:

aero07

Oct 12, 2009
Alabama

I would like to see a rear wheel with a single freewheel sprocket for the pedal side and a 5 to 7 gear casset w/ derailer on the leftside made for MBs.
Then no more need for complicated jackshafts, you would have an instant transmission.
Now that would be worth paying a few bucks for!!!!!

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis

I second Aero07 on the idea for a LHD cassette hub. I, myself, am preparing to make a full-size mockup of an idea I had for a more fully adjustable and fully-braced chain guide/"tensioner". It would span upper and lower chain stays and mount on slotted brackets, allowing it to slide laterally in - toward the wheel - or outward - away from the wheel. Bolts could then be tightened to anchor it once the guide wheel is in-line with the chain. The little guide wheel would be mounted on an arm that pivots on the span, to be swung upward against the chain thus preventing wear on the chainstay while taking up some slack. (Though I must agree with the opinion of others that say shortening the chain as much as is practical will be a better solution I believe. Chainstays do often get in the way at times, however.)

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area

Chain stays and the single speed motorized bike are not good for all type terrains and everyday riding where the jackshaft assemblies are fairly simple and eliminate the need for two long chains. You also eliminate chain whip with the assembly and have only one chain to the rear wheel making tire change or chain adjustment and maintainance simpler. The more we complicate the mechanics and engineering of the bikes we only create more headaches. I would like to see more heavy duty and simple jackshaft assembly along with a reliable electrical system to be able to compete with the Whizzer.

Attachments

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia

a V-twin 48cc 4 stroke engine kit with manual clutch and the drive sprocket on the right side... :)

with a full suspension frame, 1 1/8 steer tube, with rear disc brake mounts. :)

Last edited:

spit_fire

Aug 28, 2009
Brampton

can someone make a better cdi ive been lookin on the sites for alternetives and havent found any, these cdi are crap ive replaced this 1 already and when the weather drops around (-10 celcius) i have to pull the plug and shorten the gap for it to run but then it sucks i lose about 4 mph of the top end and if i make the gap big again it just floods because the spark isint strong enough to ignite the fuel, but as soon as the weather turns and im in positove again or close i can make the gap big (.25-.28) and it runs great