I need the help of knowledgeable of Whizzer

GoldenMotor.com

Mike Notigan

Apr 11, 2011
Florence Twp, New Jersey
I wasn't aware that any of the original owners went to Texas, if that is what you are saying.
The company in Huntington Beach Ca. that made a kit, and called it Whizzer, did so without the consent of the person who own Whizzers trademark name.

A friend of mine said he was going to make some of the parts for the the kit, when he did a patent search, he found that there was a person that still own the trademark name.
The kit that was made, was made illegally.

When WhizzerUSA bought the Huntington Beach company for the kit, then also had to buy the trademark name from the person in Indiana.

The last time I talked to Terry McAllister, just before his passing, he and Audrey where on the rode to the east coast to pick up one of these kit.

I also know some of the first Whizzer Dealers here in LA and Orange County, where WhizzerUSA was also in the first years.
I have had my Whizzers from 1999, so i have seen all the phases that have gone on with them, and all the bad mouthing the WC-1's have endured.

Alot of my help has come from the vintage Whizzer guys who make Whizzer parts for the vintage Whizzers.
I have 3, for now, so i know about the methods.

Gas-Ridez, i talked to Bill Green yesterday i can give you his phone number and you can call him to work out the details for the flywheel, let me know and i can PM you.

Ray
Hi Ray,
Seeing the above and that you are from Southen California I suppose then you are very familiar with Whizzer of Fullerton. I stumbled on their website in the early 2000's and was just amazed by their custom work on the Whizzer WC-1......bobbed and chopped fenders, custom paint and graphics, high performance engine options. I believe the point of contact was a fellow named Brian. That website was the ignition point that got me into later Whizzer ownership with my NE-R. I often wondered how many of those Fullerton Whizzers are still on the road; they should be worth a few dollars more on the Whizzer market, FWIW, if they should come up for sale.

Ray, I like what you've done with your WC-1 in regards to the ceramic coating......something I have always had on my agenda when the time comes to have my engine "breathed on" a little bit. I was hoping you can PM me when you get a chance on who did the work for you, address, etc. Looking at those pictures you posted on the your coated parts, they obviously did a very nice and clean job.

Take Care.
Mike

Sorry if I kind of hijacked this thread!

GAS+RIDEZ

Mar 31, 2011
Puerto Rico
mason man, know how much more or less is the cost of this lighten flywheel,so I now if this improvemen is now or in the future.

Last edited:

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi Mike, Thanks for the kind words!!
Let me know when you get ready for the heat coating.
I'm still doing other parts.

The WC-1's are still doing good and running strong, temps at about 275 to 300 degrees.

Ray

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Hi Victor
I notice from your last post, your pic, that your head bolts needs to be re-torqued.
8mm head bolts at 13.5 ft. lbs and the 2 10mm head bolts at 17.5 ft. lbs.

I'll PM you about the flywheel info. it would be good also to advance your timing from the stock 14 degree to help aid in your performance (moving the trigger plate forward, by drilling and tapping an additional hole forward 7/16 from the stock hole)

Bill Green can do this too if you don't want to do this your self.
hope this helps.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

GAS+RIDEZ

Mar 31, 2011
Puerto Rico
Wow MM you must have superman vision to see the detail,today find out a Whizzer mechanic and tomorrow my bike will go for tuneup and will pass all the inf. that u have given me,Hi chainmaker i have 2 skroke bike but have to say this Whizzer are the Cadillac of MB,and those 2 bike worthwhile if they are in good condition.

mason_man

Jul 19, 2009
LA SoCal
Wow MM you must have superman vision to see the detail,today find out a Whizzer mechanic and tomorrow my bike will go for tuneup and will pass all the inf. that u have given me,Hi chainmaker i have 2 skroke bike but have to say this Whizzer are the Cadillac of MB,and those 2 bike worthwhile if they are in good condition.
Thank you, and keep us informed of your progress!
If chainmaker has a shot at one of those new whizzer i hope he gets one!

Ray