New morini motor smoking

GoldenMotor.com

chopdr230

Jan 28, 2011
Peoria IL
Just got my morini motor installed and fired it up on a 50-1 lucas 2 cycle oil mix and it smokes and spits a little bit of black unburt fuel out the exhaust . At idle it smokes a little bit but off idle its a misquote fogger . I have not messed with the carb its as delivered .

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Will have to fine tune the carb sounds like to me.

Is it 4 stroking? Does it Spit hesitate or sputter? Mine will put out a little puff of smoke off Idle and then looks pretty clean but I am not smoking out the whole block. You should have a little smoke me thinks, but not the way it sounds like you say you currently are experiencing?

Is this a 9.4 what motor you got? On my 9.4 carb Dellorto phb6 19 at ''full throttle lack of a hill, or load per say'' it will 4 stroke back off my throttle to 3/4 and it goes right to full rev's. This was after fine tunning of course and what all the tutorials said I read. This gives me good hill climbing power when I need it and a safety zone not to run the engine lean at wot. I am at a pretty high elevation from sea level here with some mean hills.

Last edited:

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
you either need to go to a smaller jet or the crank seal is leaking and it's sucking oil out of the clutch case. if rejeting dosen't help, drain the oil out of the clutch, start the bike and lift the rear wheel off the ground, run it a little to see if it still smokes, don't ride it that way. if it stops smoking your crank seal is bad.