Looking for Exhaust

GoldenMotor.com

jessejay356

Sep 8, 2010
Coralville, Iowa
I'm looking for an exhaust that routes out the back of my bike, and that doesn't interfere with the normal kickstand. Any suggestions? I like the chrome street "poo poo" I've seen, but I don't see anyone with it in stock. Anyone know where to get one? Has anyone had a muffler shop custom make one? What did it cost?

Thanks,
Jesse

Dontwannawalk

Dec 23, 2009
Iowa
I had one custom made at the local exhaust shop using the original exhaust pipe & muffler with electrical conduit bent to shape all on the left side. It was always in the way of the kick stand and the chain adjustment. My neighbor & I cut the pipe off 1" from the flange at the top and the same distance from the muffler. I purchased a 10' length of 1/2" conduit and with a manual conduit bender, we bent a length of it to fit the bends needed to go from the left side, under the kick stand and between the chain on the right side then back to where we wanted to mount the muffler. We then welded the bent conduit inside the original muffler pipe both fore and aft. I'm getting rid of the old carb & replacing it with a new RT from Dax and then I'll be able to tell just how well the exhaust is working but I think we have a pretty workable set-up with this. While messing with the fuel flow into the old carb, (not safe) I had it hitting close to 40 mph while trying to see what it would do.
dance1

Attachments

Last edited: