first huasheng 49 cc build

GoldenMotor.com

Blazecc

Apr 19, 2011
connecticut
so ive just build up my first 4 stroke centrifugal clutch, i had a hub with 40 tooth sprocket hanging around so i put it on and it sure lack any kind of power at all, i am 160 lbs give or take depending on what i had for lunch that day :) but any suggestions as to how i can get more power or can i just simply go with a 56 tooth sprocket and if i do what kindof top speed loss would i suffer.because as it sits now on a straight flat it goes pretty well as long as no hills are involved but otherwise the smallest hill i suffer a huge loss in speed, any economical power upgrades will be greatly appreciated

Attachments

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
A 56t rear sprocket will go along way to making your bike perform over a broader range of riding conditions. As it is you don't have enough reduction. I'd guess that with a 56t rear you should still be able to go into the middle 30's mph maybe even a bit more. As for performance up grades there hasn't been a whole lot available until just recently. AGK has some very new products available (see link) affordablegokarts: 49cc Parts

You also might want to start setting aside some funds to purchase a new Primary Reduction Unit. As the one you have does not seem to last for very many miles.

ocscully

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I have the same set-up. I modified the case to run the chain in oil bath. not long after, the case started wallowing out around the bearings. Cleaned it and packed it with JB weld, time will tell...

I also changed to a 56 tooth sprocket. Shoulda went with a 60 tooth. Top speed with the 56 is about 35-40 mph! Too fast for me and very slow off from a stop. Clutch don't fully engage until about 15-20 mph.
Unless you live in the boonies and won't be starting/stopping a lot , go with 60 teeth or more.

sanelson

Mar 5, 2011
denver
For my bike I went with DAX's rear mount using the 5:1 gear box going to a 10t and 48t sprocket. I'm at 5200' and travel to work 12 miles leading up to 6800'. During the travel there are a couple of big hills finishing off with a mile long hill of maybe 8% grade. My top speed has been 29mph(test purposes only), cruising speed is 19-22mph at around 6,800rpm's. The bike goes up the last mile long hill at a steady 19mph with no pedal assist. This is a very smooth, low noise engine. For my next bike this summer I am contemplating going with a hp 2 stroke such as a gp460 but then if i can travel at 32-35 with that one then I'll probably want to go 40mph - so maybe I will just stick with another 4 stroke.

lasvegasazguy

May 26, 2011
Tucson, AZ
I got one back in March out of Canada. Dude is no longer in business. It came with the crappiest gear drive been nothing but problems. I ordered a new drive that was a chain drive, but on the old gear box the shaft actually extended into the gear box. The chain drive one it does not...so the engine won't work with the chain drive or a belt drive. I am not sure where he got it either. I think mine was a Indonesian knock off of the Chinese knock off of the Japanese version....just sayin

lasvegasazguy

May 26, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Is there that you can find out for sure as a dealer? I would rather just buy the transmission rather than the whole kit all over again, and then just have the extra engine sit there. It would be appreciated.

Any HS motor with a 15 MM or 15.8 MM [almost 5/8"]shaft can convert to the Q-Matic drive.

Any HS motor that uses the "weed eater" style clutch on a tapered shaft would require a custom crankshaft extension to adapt to the Q-Matic.

All primary chain drive "Hoot" systems have the short tapered shaft, and a little research on this site will tell you about the very short life span. The early chain drive "Hoots" had a single chain and current version use a double chain.

A lot of the problems in the cheap systems are centered around the tiny "weed eater" style clutch. [Someone should tell them motorbikes need a good clutch]

Have fun,

Jhammer

May 8, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
Note: anyone looking for qmatic transmissions kits should really email Terry from blowbyu.ca he builds ten or twelve different engines with qmatic. Also has said on his site that the stock Honda or MITsu carbs are ****tyand offer no intake. For that reason all his kits come with a huqsheng HP carb.

J

Blazecc

Apr 19, 2011
connecticut
i know pirate cycle has the transmission i was just up there today talking to justins brother Matt and saw a few there for sale along with some complete 4 stroke kits (ez motor)usflg