Carborator problems, please help

GoldenMotor.com

tantar24

Jun 9, 2011
salem
so i am new to this whole motorized bicycle thing, my dad just picked one up and i have no clue what type of motor it is, what cc it is, or what type of carborator is on it..but i rode it around for a while and after i had parked it, i went back out and there was a large pool of gas..the gas was leaking out of the carborator..what do i need to do to fix this?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
so i am new to this whole motorized bicycle thing, my dad just picked one up and i have no clue what type of motor it is, what cc it is, or what type of carborator is on it..but i rode it around for a while and after i had parked it, i went back out and there was a large pool of gas..the gas was leaking out of the carborator..what do i need to do to fix this?
Are you using an inline fuel filter?
Bit of junk got stuck under the needle valve to your
float bowl making it overflow or your float is full of fuel.

Remove the carb bowl to check the float or clean the valve.

Turning your gas off is a good practice but will not solve the
flooding condition.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
If you need help tinkering with the carburetor, this may help. Even if you do not have an identical carburetor, the float mechanisms are all so similar to each other in general operation that this should still help you out.
http://motorbicycling.com/f39/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-install-rebuild-302.html
3. If a gasket or seal looks to be worn/ very squashed or ragged around the edges, replace it immediately! Remember, you are trying to seal in fuel and seal out dirt. An iffy gasket or seal has no business in or around a carburetor. Be sure that any replacement rubber parts are made specifically for use with gasoline/ fuel.