looking for FREE spare parts to experiment with

GoldenMotor.com

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
I stress FREE, including shipping. I will take any parts you have available, as I have many ideas of how to turn spare parts into other parts. ship them to me for free. No need to rush them out, since you're paying for it, ship them the cheapest way possible. I am not looking for any expensive parts or engines, but I do need the parts in at least mostly working order. I cant use parts that are broken or dont function. PM me for my address ONLY if you are willing to ship spare parts to me for free.

A few parts I have ideas for right now are making a kickstart out of a pull starter, making a cruise control button for the throttle, and making a generator that will charge a battery using a starter motor. My plan is to produce these parts by request free of charge until i have developed them well enough to hand my work over to someone capable of mass producing them. im not looking to make any money here, just trying to contribute to my favorite hobby. PM me for my address only if you are willing to ship me spare parts for free.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I'm a cheapskate, too!

the durn shipping costs are a deal killer on cheapo china parts...
Big Brown and Super X get serious bucks for scrap parts, and the Eagle, well, I heard big stories abt them losing more money than I can imagine...

I would advise u run a craigslist ad wanting parts, will pick up free...

The mabs I have were bought from nearby college students who broke them and advertised to recover their money.

Apartment complexes with a high turnover rate are a good source of thrashed broken bicycles, if u don't mind hitting the bins...

Good luck on ur sperimenting!
rc

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Kind of a catch 22 of sorts, as anyone who is into MB'ing prolly keeps unused parts just in case...

Local apartments may yield a few used bikes for parts, or I've seen a few free bikes listed on CL as well...

Trash day around here, I an almost always see a bike or two near the curb

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
all my parts are being used to fine tune the amperage needed to get a good anodized finish on them with out burning or melting them. but if you want to play around with rewinding magnetos i got a box full of burnt out ones you can have. lol.