Trubite to a Indian scout..or maybe a Prince

GoldenMotor.com

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Geez...MHF...I am really getting slow...I just now see the mistake...Thanks bro..I fixed it!

And Harry...yessir...I cant disagree with you...It really makes me want to build a real live vtwin motorcycle...trouble is...I really dont think I can improve on a factory built machine one bit...and I have a perfectly good 1981 CB900C in the garage for road trips and those times I just "feel the need for speed.."(even though its not a v-twin)...and considering the value of an nice well kept 80s jap street bike..(almost nothing)...I am really gonna have to have a strong desire to build one that will cost me alot more...and probably be alot less bike...not to mention the games I would have to play to get a title and tags..Although..come to think..I have done crazier things...hmmm...maybe I should look at it like...:"considering the value of a real v-twin Indian Scout"....Yea...somebody help me justify this!!!!

Last edited:

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Re: Tribute to a Indian scout..or maybe a Prince

Crap..It only worked on the first post and the last....aint that a bite....hehe

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
No worries. My wife regularly sings me the Jimmy Buffet song "Were you born an a$$hole".

Even though I railed on HDs in an earlier post, I do love the sound they make. I just loath the culture built around them. I once told one of my Harley buddies that Willie G. Davidson could gather up his dog's poo from the front yard, put it in numbered "collectors limited edition" boxes and sell it all. I'm sure there would be someone paying an exorbitant amount for #1.

MHF

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Working on the tank today..made from 20 Gauge galvanized, not finished, but its coming along.

Attachments

Last edited:

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
No worries. My wife regularly sings me the Jimmy Buffet song "Were you born an a$$hole".

Even though I railed on HDs in an earlier post, I do love the sound they make. I just loath the culture built around them. I once told one of my Harley buddies that Willie G. Davidson could gather up his dog's poo from the front yard, put it in numbered "collectors limited edition" boxes and sell it all. I'm sure there would be someone paying an exorbitant amount for #1.

MHF
That's about it fred, in my opinion realy the only harly that's ride worthy is a old knuckle head or any thing older, preferibly a f head :)

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
Finished...worked out pretty well..other than the worksman hub on the rear. I built it with a freewheel sprocket phreaded onto the worksman hub..as it is made for..the second nite at a campgrounds..when I was in a hurry at a stop to get back to camp before rain..I gunned the throtle and stripped the threads on the alum hub...I dont think it is strong enough to handle the torque..either that, or I just got a hub with some weak threads..eiter eway..I did away woth the thrad on freewheel sprocket, got a moped hub that was the same other than holes and bosses for a bolt on sprocket..and laced it in to the worksman wheels..now..I dont have the freewheel coasting it had before, and have some engine braking before the cent clutch lets loose..but it rides fine this way..more like the origional anyway...
Scratched the galvanized tanks and welded one of aluminum...

Attachments

Dagwood

Aug 4, 2011
ilinois
UPDATE march of 2015.
Just thought I would revisit this for a moment for a report after many miles. all systems have worked very well, with the exception of a bearing failure on the axle bearings of the worksman hub. Replaced with a pair of bearings from a bearing supplier with a much higher quality bearing. It does not seem like 2 and a half years since I finished this build, time flys, but it has served very well in all aspects . Plan on using the haeck out of it for years to come at campgrounds, and particularly at the AirVenture at OshKosh. Its there with me every year.