Pay-Pal 21 day hold

GoldenMotor.com

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
This will make Turtle Ted laugh his snots out!!! I apologize for not being around much, but ask my Brothers help/ advice with this. I go by the same screen name on E-bay and briefly cornered the market on Beretta 21 A grips. Nobody was bidding on the other grips and I suspect other vendors were complaining about not hitting their quotas. Where else could I market these fine grips and could you believe this really happened? Leave it to me, right! Any advice appreciated, they’ve left me to starve….

10/3/2011

I wish this letter to be submitted as formal complaint and have E-bay/ Pay Pal charged Federally with the following outlined unfair Business practices.

As an American producer of 100% USA made products, E-Bay and their proprietary means of online payment, Pay-Pal are engaging in the unfair holding of my account for 21 days although my customers have been 100% happy with all products received.

This practice keeps the small guy such as myself (a home based manufacturer) at serious disadvantage over drop shippers of foreign products. I have contacted Pay-Pal and E-bay four times explaining the need for access to MY money as was in past practice (instantaneous), when the customer paid. I further explained the need was in direct relation to overhead in the manufacture of my goods.

Pay-Pal representatives Jenny and Gus could only say that Pay-Pal considered my account to be high risk because I didn’t sell more than 30 items per month and presented a lie that I was some sort of new seller despite being with E-Bay since it’s inception. I was hung up on three times while asking for a Supervisor. Neither E-bay nor Pay-Pal could give reason as to why the change in their previous practice of instant payment availability was changed into the freezing of my account for 21 days. Both cited a clause in a user agreement that has never been enacted as proven by account statements.

Pay-Pal boasts that they are the fastest way to send and receive money VIA the Internet. HOG WASH to say the least as E-bay makes their service a necessity.

Also a bone of contention is the fact that E-Bay is charging fee upon my USPS mailing expenses, giving unfair advantage to foreign goods being drop shipped. They receive bulk rates, import and export tax exemptions not to mention their employers don’t pay SS in some parts of the World where these goods originate!

Pay-Pal is a financial institution with means of destroying my credit and access to my accounts. How is it legal for you to pay me for a good or service (being 100% satisfied as a customer) and Pay-Pal to withhold my pay from me without just cause?

All of this comes at a time when we are supposed to be creating American jobs, I think? What more can a Representative expect from a constituent? I’ve created a product competitive with the Chinese. I’ve been getting an unfair E-Bay tax put on my USPS mailing expenses, and now a proprietary financial institution is holding my customer payments that I’m using for overhead. I also wanted to note that both E-bay/ Pay-Pal have declared and taken their fee from the amount I’m owed while withholding these monies from me.

I thought this might interest you. Thanks sincerely for your attention on this matter.

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
Ps, I posted that here, because I know a lot of you guys post on e-bay.... BEWARE of the contract you signed!!!

I'm thinking about putting a clause in future auctions that I don't ship until money has cleared and is in my bank account... I wonder what E-bay would think of that?

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
I'm not happy with it at all Al... I also wanted to tip the dealers ear as to what they could pull... It's in the Pay-Pal contract. I'd be frosted if I had a few hundred out there in bike parts right now!!!

foundmydog

Oct 17, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Along the lines of Paypal and complaints....

A few years back I sold a pretty large item on there for around $3,000 or so and left the funds in Paypal as I have a debit card with them.... long story short, a week later I was visiting family a few states north of me and went to pay for gas with the card.... DECLINED, tried again and DECLINED, trued a third time and DECLINED

Got on the phone with them and they claimed as a safety precaution, they did not allow use of my card outside of my home state for charges in person.... spent several hours on the phone with them and they would NOT help me at all.... had to literally transfer the funds from the Paypal account to my bank account which took them almost a full week before I could use the money

As quick as I get paid from Paypal, I send it right to my bank.... never again will they screw me like that

machiasmort

Aug 10, 2008
Buffalo,NY
I don't mind getting jerked around by a huge company, that's to be expected. Where I get mad is when the Government doesn't do their job.

You call and they tell you that you signed a contract...

PP/ E-bay have a monopoly to extent that you need them both in order to sell. Previous and past practice stipulate that no signed agreement can trump the Law written for the little guy. How could they get away with this?

E-bay states clearly in their rules that you can not ask a buyer to pay in means other than PP... How does that rule apply to a free or fair market?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
When I sell it's on craigslist, I have never sold on eBay for the reasons listed above. The f'ning basiches held my money on a refund on a defective purchase. I told them you take my money fast enough when I buy something you could put it back just as fast. But they won't do that, I had to wait for a check :(

With 200 purchases and no sales eBay hammers me with "when you gonna start selling" carp all the time. My answer is, "Until you get direct transfer to my bank without holding my money, NEVER!"