Exhaust gaskets

GoldenMotor.com

s1rvr15

Jan 16, 2016
Hales Corners, WI, USA
I am looking for exhaust gaskets, I need around 8-10 due to a problem on one of my exhaust mounting bolts (one of them broke in half), and I need around 8-10 to get a proper seal now. I don't want to pay $3-4 apiece on Bikeberry, so if anyone knows any place to get them cheap or another gasket that will work, that would be great.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you don't mind waiting a few weeks, they can be had cheap from china, but I doubt you'll be happy until you fix that broken stud

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Why not buy a new jug for $20? Also you can get gasket maker at a local auto parts store. That's what I use to make my own exhaust gaskets for the bike. It's less than $10 and you should be able to make like 50 if necessary

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Stacking gaskets isn't going to stop an exhaust leak if you have only one fastener holding things together. In the time it takes to make all those gaskets you could drill out the broken stud or remove it by one of several other methods.

Tom

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Does anyone know if the exhaust studs are removable like the mounting studs?
The steel 6 mm 1.0 exhaust studs are the same size as the mounting studs.
The cylinder is aluminum.
You are lucky if you didn't break off the stud off flush. :)
Do you have vice grips?

get some 6 mm 1.0 allen head bolts 15? mm long from a hardware store to replace both studs.

Rig up a support strap to take the weight and leverage of the exhaust off the studs so they don't break again.

s1rvr15

Jan 16, 2016
Hales Corners, WI, USA
So, in theory, I could take one of the mounting studs I have left over (I used the U-mount from Bikeberry for the front mount) and use it to replace the broken exhaust stud? Vise grips only tore up the thread, though (in the engine I have, a silver 80/66cc generic from eBay), I think I may try to use two nuts to back it out. Thanks much!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
if it's 6mm 1.0 studs it should thread right in. All the studs on these little engines are this size so if you even have a bolt you could cut off and make a stud out of that and it should work.