56 MPH on Skyhawk GT-2!

GoldenMotor.com

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
36T! Not a lot of torque but huge top end! When I still had this thing it would pull me up inclines at 30-40 but took quite a distance to build up speed as seen in the video.
That must be a pretty steep hill to hit 56! I don't think I'd trust my bike at 56 ha! I have a 24" with a 34T (which is about what your are at gearing wise with the 36T) What are you using to measure your speed?

Jakepetre

Jun 14, 2015
Illinois
That must be a pretty steep hill to hit 56! I don't think I'd trust my bike at 56 ha! I have a 24" with a 34T (which is about what your are at gearing wise with the 36T) What are you using to measure your speed?
I have a cheap bike speedometer seen on the handlebars in the video, but it wasn't very accurate. So, I had my friend follow alongside me in his car later when we weren't filming so that we could properly match the speed with the video. He was keeping an eye on how fast we were going and looking for intervals to use when lining up the video(cones, signs).

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I want to believe, but it just doesn't seem possible unless you had a decent wind behind you. Even then you'd be screaming. Not trying to discredit you it just seems a little far fetched. You'd be spinning 11,000+rpm at that point.

Jakepetre

Jun 14, 2015
Illinois
I want to believe, but it just doesn't seem possible unless you had a decent wind behind you. Even then you'd be screaming. Not trying to discredit you it just seems a little far fetched. You'd be spinning 11,000+rpm at that point.
Video is one thing, being there was a completely different story! The video really doesn't do it justice. I guess some people have to see to believe, or see with their own eyes.

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Like I said I want to believe. I got a bike that will do some decent speeds that is decently modded out. For being a 45mph zone you weren't catching up with the car in front of you very fast, but people speed I can get that too. What part of Illinois you from? We are having a midwest meet near galesburg, Illinois in June and the more the merrier!

Jakepetre

Jun 14, 2015
Illinois
Like I said I want to believe. I got a bike that will do some decent speeds that is decently modded out. For being a 45mph zone you weren't catching up with the car in front of you very fast, but people speed I can get that too. What part of Illinois you from? We are having a midwest meet near galesburg, Illinois in June and the more the merrier!
Everyone speeds on that road! And QC here. small world I guess eh?

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
I live in the middle of Missouri, but I am totally familiar with the area. I used to deliver auto magazines all throughout western Illinois.

Here is the link to the meet. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=59418

There should be plenty of people attending and always glad to see more joining. Everybody rides a little slower than we would if you attend. I am swapping out the 34T for a 40T this year so I can cruise a little lower with everyone.

Jakepetre

Jun 14, 2015
Illinois
Excellent! Thanks for the invite. Sadly enough though my bike was stolen after the engine seized and I had to tie it up to a pole. Came back the next day and it was gone. The story is in the youtube vid description. However, this coming monday I'm traveling to pick up my Motoped!

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Excellent! Thanks for the invite. Sadly enough though my bike was stolen after the engine seized and I had to tie it up to a pole. Came back the next day and it was gone. The story is in the youtube vid description. However, this coming monday I'm traveling to pick up my Motoped!
There is always extra bikes to ride! Should come anyways! I am in the process of revamping my bike at the moment. There is usually a couple spare bikes that are for break downs, but if you wanted to come there should be a bike for ya! Heck I can even bring an extra bike. Always wanted to make another and while revamping this one anyways I should have dang near everything for another.

Jakepetre

Jun 14, 2015
Illinois
There is always extra bikes to ride! Should come anyways! I am in the process of revamping my bike at the moment. There is usually a couple spare bikes that are for break downs, but if you wanted to come there should be a bike for ya! Heck I can even bring an extra bike. Always wanted to make another and while revamping this one anyways I should have dang near everything for another.
How very generous of you! I'll mark my calendar and make sure my Escape is in decent condition by then!