spark plug indexing???

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
might be hard to spot a diff on these gutless motors without a really accurate dyno

plugs are reasonably centered on most anyway

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Waste of time on 99% of engines.
Can give detectable power gains/changes in full-race all out applications.
On a china girl?
*giggles*

Ouch that Hurt

Jul 27, 2013
Port Alberni, BC, Canada
Just a thought. with all the threads on balancing cranks, x chamber set-ups, high comp heads. gear ratios, port polishing..and so on.

Thought I would have seen someone singing the praises of indexing their spark plug.....lol.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Someone here probably does index plugs.
I have and still do mods to my motorized stuff that serves no real purpose except to make me happy.
Good enough reason for me.
I'm just speaking from experience with indexing on race motors. Never seen anything short of a full blown race bullet yet it made any detectable difference on but there is no reason not to try it if you are interested.
After all, I could be wrong and your engine might instantly gain 15hp....
but I doubt it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
You'll get way more discernible performance out of NGK 5944 Iridium spark plug in a Chinese 2-stroke than thinking about which way the anode faces in the cylinder.

http://www.ngk.com/product.aspx?zpid=9496

The best $8 you'll ever spend on your bike, so much so for me anyway that every new customer build for 2 years gets them as standard equipment.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Waste of time on 99% of engines.
Can give detectable power gains/changes in full-race all out applications.
On a china girl?
*giggles*
Ditto: A spark by any other name, is just a spark. Any performance increase will be only in your mind, not from the engine. If you were running a million dollar top fuel dragster where the difference between winning and loosing was measured in thousands of a second indexing or high dollar plugs might be worth it. You're dealing with a $100. Chinese 2 stroke engine. Decide for yourself and do what makes you happy.