Motor bicycle hooking up lights..

GoldenMotor.com

MoneyMarine

May 16, 2013
Shelton, CT
Can anyone tell me what to do if my engine came without a white wire for a light?? can i still hook something up and how?? would i just bridge into the blue wire or is there somewhere else i should be wiring the light to?? thansks again sooo much

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA
I have a 4 stroke so I don't have the white wire but I use a small ATV battery that I picked up at the local powersports store. I am running a 10 watt LED headlight, led tail lights and led brake lights. I built a small box for the battery and am using terminal strips for the wiring.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
the white wire causes many problems for folks that try to use it - good to hear some motors are shipping without it

get a nice rechargeable battery setup (preferably with 1200 lumen headlight or brighter) and you'll be much better off

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I agree, it's about time the factories did away with that useless and infamous white wire.
It was only good for 6 volt lamps and you were restricted to 2.5 to 3 watts. Not much light from 3 watts.

Go the battery route. It's reliable, cheap and depending on the amp hour rating of the battery you choose will give you good light for a long time and you can run high wattage lamps.

Do not try tapping into the ignition circuit. The blue wire will provide something close to 90 volts A/C at WOT, decreasing to about 60 at idle. Anything added to that circuit will seriously impact the way your engine runs, if it will run at all.

Tom