NEW BUILD: Micargi Royal with Predator 212cc

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Got the fork and the new hub. Now there is going to be some welding time again. I will have make the frame wider in the rear to fit the chain between the 80mm rim and the frame I think and the hub solution needs some welding too because I want to drill through the hub walls again (found one similar to mine but for 36 and sealed bearings) but I have to use thinner bolts, otherwise it will cover the holes of the spokes and they have to be drilled bigger too for 10g spokes. I am planning on welding a ring on the steel sprocket to drill new holes in it.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Now with 10g super fat spokes and custom made hub with motorcycle bearings

I ended up using a custom hub that of of my metal shop dudes got for me instead of the one I bought and already modded. I will use that one for the front instead with the K10 fork.

Anyways, now I have extremely amazing and high quality bearings for motorcycles in the hub and we machined a pipe that we installed inside the hub between both bearings so the 9mm axis fit through it. Outstanding work of my friend. I was blown away. I bought a rusty old a$$ screw in a screw store that was lying around there, and we cut a pipe out of it.

If you take the wheel in both hands and spin it a little, it will literally keep spinning for 5 minutes, thats how good the bearings are.

Back home putting everything together I finally realized that because of all the excitement and brainstorming to get those bearings to work for me, I totally forgot that I need the bicycle sprocket hahaha. That doesnt work at all with that type of hub, so for now I gonna have to keep driving it as pure motorcycle. Anyways I will check this week to get license plate for it too.

So I just finished and have to wait for the morning to test the wheel because its raining like crazy here and in the night the rain doesnt dry in 5 minutes like during the day. But thats how it is in the tropics.

I am planning on using the rim or the front when my 80mm rim finally arrived from Germany later on. But it looks amazing even like that already. Cant wait to blow a couple cars tomorrow without having to worry I am losing 30 spokes.

Oh btw, for the first time I actually tested the top speed and also high rpm, something I never had done before. It goes already 60mph with a ratio of 10.000 which is pretty amazing since this was supposed to be short gearing haha. More amazing is the time it takes to get to that speed. I dont like to use more than 10% throttle for take off because thats what really mess up parts, but if its running with 10mph already it just takes about 3-4 seconds to get to 60mph. The acceleration is pretty stunning - not just for me haha. I love the faces of people that just got blown by a bicycle :p I want to take the ratio down again to 9.000 later on to get some more top speed as soon I have a better clutch. For now its perfect especially for the city and 45-50 is a good cruising speed outside San Juan.

Last edited:

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Did my first long distance trip today and extreme uphill to test the power. I had no problems at all and the engine pulls up any engine with the force of a leopard.. The power is still impressive after couple weeks driving it. 70miles/110km with less than $2. I just wanted to share some of the pics with you guys from the island:

Last edited:

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego
Oh wow, great scenery there. I had the opportunity to visit Puerto Rico with my cousins a couple years ago... I think I'll go the next time around.

Fang

May 4, 2013
San Diego
Great looking bike so far man!
I'm starting my first 212cc build and this thread has provided me with a lot of much needed info!

pedrodog

Apr 21, 2013
san pedro, ca.
Actually it comes like this:

But I never planned to use this type of handlebar.
I have a question. I'm planning my first build on the FIRMSTRONG and I'm guessing that they are both 24"wheels and I was worried about the peddles being too close. I'm 5'10" and have a24"cruiser and with the seat high as it will go have a hard time peddling. I noticed that you moved the peddles back. Is it more comfortable moved back? Also do you have a link to that motor?
Tia

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Latest pics:

I have a question. I'm planning my first build on the FIRMSTRONG and I'm guessing that they are both 24"wheels and I was worried about the peddles being too close. I'm 5'10" and have a24"cruiser and with the seat high as it will go have a hard time peddling. I noticed that you moved the peddles back. Is it more comfortable moved back? Also do you have a link to that motor?
Tia
It was the only way to fit the engine. I never meant to use the pedals anyways. Plus, I wanted the engine as low as possible and centered so not all the weight is in the rear of the bike like most bikes here or the first one I had. The engine is a Predator 212cc but I recommend a 99cc.

Last edited: