29" Genisis Comanche

GoldenMotor.com

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
I decided to try one of the new 29" mountain bikes from Genisis(KENT). It seems to be a pretty easy bike to build. I am hoping that I can get it to bring $595 retail. Rides good,runs good, and looks pretty good too. What do you guys think?

Attachments

Floyde

Jul 27, 2012
Robinson, Tx
Nice! I just bought the Comanche, and was searching to see if i could get any info, can you tell me what, if any, issues i may run into while building this motor bike? and how to get around them.... this is my first ever build and im excited about it, i just dont know what to expect so if i could ask you as sort of a mentor or helper, what do i need to do to make this work right? I was mainly concerned about not only the motor fitting well but the throttle, or chain clearance... apparently you pulled it off so it must be do-able!... very nice looking bike there...Also... can this be fitted with a shift kit?

Last edited:

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
The only real problem was the front mount. I had to squeeze the frame just a little bit to narrow it down to fit the front mount. I did not want to drill it or use a clamp so I just squeezed it about a quarter inch narrower where the mount sits. I also had to use a #41 chain since it is a tiny bit narrower than the el cheapo #415 chain that would just barely touch the frame by the rear wheel. That`s about the only changes I made to it.

Floyde

Jul 27, 2012
Robinson, Tx
Ohhh i see, well am i pretty sure going to HAVE to buy a new chain? And if so where can i get one? any motorcycle shop or?... i think i can manage the mounting but i dont have a lot of extra money to throw at new parts and replacing things that came WITH the kit :p

Floyde

Jul 27, 2012
Robinson, Tx
Okay, so I got the kit, I failed to mention that I got the slant head with a pullstart so, the crank arms apparently need to be wider, I'm curious if those can safely be bent or if I just need to buy new ones this motor kit mounts fit perfectly to this frame just about and may not even need to narrow the frame not even a quarter inch, but just a hair.... which is good, but I spose we got different kits, just the pullstart motor seems to be too wide by a quarter inch on both sides to be able to peddal the bike normally without tbhe crank arms hitting the motor, which ill fix later , doesn't mean I can't still take it for rides but I need not run outta gas or I'm ,.... well... walking home lol. I spose everything else should fit as you said but any other pointers are always appreciated.... have a good one sir! I'm really getting into this but I have very little money LOL.... this is what I decided to do with my last paycheck before I ran outta work. :p

Floyde

Jul 27, 2012
Robinson, Tx
ITTT LIVVVES!!!! Its aliiiive! Lol; wow, im very impressed with how this turned out, the bike was completed in a little less than half a day's time with only the things i had around the garage, and what came in the kit! Im very proud of it :) I'm hoping to sell it soon for a profit! It looks wonderful with the black engine kit, the only problem i faced actualyl was the crank arms for the peddals, too narrow, they hit the sides of the motor, as i said in my last post, however the project was a complete success and im very impressed with this bike's ability to take off and accelerate once its moving.... i really want a shift kit now though! :O Or at the very least, a speed sprocket in the rear... the chain never had an issue with clearing anything i wonder if the engine kits we each got are that different.... *shrugs* pass me the link to your motor kit if you got the time :) , i had bought the pull start model, its pretty hefty, and its concave shaped, rounded clutch cover and such when im looking most of the kits had a flat surfact on the sides of their motors... wonder what the big difference is.... (Mine ----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/bicycle-Mot...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1f375dad )

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
my first kit did the same thing. i just took the pedals off and bent the crank arms by putting a pipe over them and a small pull. only need to bend them a fraction of an inch. looking good and feels good dosn't it floyd