wheat ridge ,CO

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
From the sounds of it, my daughters can't even ride their razor scooter or other toys in Wheat ridge unless on private property. Because it's still a pedal bicycle, there is no Colorado law in place stating that these are illegal for non-licensed operators. I say we just stay out of Wheat ridge if it's going to be a hassle. I'm going to try and get a low-powered registration sticker just to prevent them from bull****ing.

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
o well for wheat ridge i wander if they will ever call any of us with their understanding of the rules like they said they would

if you do you get the decal let me know how it goes frank ill get one to keep them off me to

SpecialX

May 1, 2012
Florida
It doesn't say only on private property, it says only on private property AND roadways, but NOT sidewalks..

There is no confusion..

And yes, you need a drivers license..

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
theyve perverted the laws to thier own meaning they consider a razor scooter as ilegal as a bike .

when we asked if we could pedal to leave they said no cause it was illegal to ride it regardless of the engine being on or not .

SpecialX

May 1, 2012
Florida
They would have a hard time giving you a ticket for pedaling a bicycle with the engine off...

From what I see, Wheatridge is not any different then the rest of colorado..

Same as it's in a few other states.....

Gas on a bicycle, you register, sticker or plate, have a license, no more than 30mph.. No problems.

Electric on a bicycle, no more than 20mph, and you've got a bike, no reg, sticker/plate or license needed.

And yes, like a bunch of other states, those silly little razor scooters and the like are "technically" illegal....
HOWEVER... If they're kick type, their "toys"
If they're gas or electric powered and go faster than 5-10 mph, you'll probably encounter problems...

It basically works this way...

If you don't have a license, you're pretty much stuck with either an electric bike that has a max speed of 20, or walk or take mass transit, if available.

Be thankful that Colorado allows electric bikes... Certain states (NJ comes to mind) don't even Allow them on the road..

I don't see why you're so upset?

Thoughts?

SpecialX

May 1, 2012
Florida
What is a "DAR".. That's not an acronym I'm familiar with.
I thought the "point" of the thread was that wheatridge supposedly had their "own rules"...
From what I've seen, they don't... They seem to have the same rules as the rest of the state...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm interested in all laws, everywhere...

Or am I not allowed to be?
Just wondering why you've made nine posts to this forum and they've all been comments on laws in states where you don't live. Just curious, do you own a motorized bike? And what city in Florida do you live in?

Tom

SpecialX

May 1, 2012
Florida
I've done nothing wrong..
(I looked up the rules and regulations for this website)

My involvement and posts are as valid as anyone else's, so I don't see anything that could be described as "fishy".

If one is only allowed to post in threads relative to the state they live in, or HAVE to post in more than one Forum, maybe that should be made known, but I don't see that anywhere.

I HAVE posted in a Florida Thread. (So 2door was incorrect about that)
I live in South Florida and my motorized bicycle is registered as a moped here in Florida.

It's pretty much the same here in Florida as it's in Colorado, no title required, but registration and license required. (The only difference I see is that Colorado uses Moped Stickers And Florida has Moped Plates).

Last edited:

webeneo1

Apr 17, 2012
Denver
SpecialX

I don't think you have done anything wrong.

This is a place were we share info about our thing.

Hopefully we can all support each other.

I understand an interest the in MB laws.

But as a fresh member you are into a serious subject without any friendly background.

Welcome, just a bit of a strange start>

Last edited:

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
wheatridge police seem to have this arrogant thing about them... ive been nabbed up and harrassed for going to fast on the street with my fixed gear....sounds like another day of bs from that paticular department....funny thing is...arvada and lakewood dont care(sister cities) i mean heck they even wave at us

mdlee1958

Feb 22, 2009
Fort Collins, Colorado
Steam, last time I was down at my son's we were eating at DQ on Ralston Rd and 2 Arvada cops roll up on us and start yacking about our bikes, not once bringing up any legal bs. Just wanting to know if they were any fun to ride and how much $ we had into them.