Mongo, 48v 1000w 'Magic Pie' hub on a Mongoose 'Snarl'

GoldenMotor.com

snellemin

Feb 4, 2014
Spring TX
The stock EVG doesn't have a great topend, but it has a lot of torque. The EVG frame is really stable at high speeds though, if you upgrade the parts. I got mine up to 50mph a few times and it ran straight as an arrow. No steering wobble at all.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
lol, well Mongo has never seen 50mph & I'm pretty sure it never will... unless ofc for some reason I stuff it into the back of a truck ;)

Still, stability is a strong point in more ways then one & I really can't complain - reliable & sure is good 'nuff by me & aside from that wheelhop issue, handles quite nicely too. I've sorted that wheelhop well enough to be usable as-is BTW, I reconsidered the wisdom of tradin' w/the taddy as not only don't I need anything other then optimum w/the trike, there's no need to grub up a perfectly nice air shock with sloppy snow & salt I figure.

Speakin' of, I'm still squeezin' in what midnight meanderings I may b'fore that long cold dark sets in, I muck about in the winter naturally but it's oft curtailed due to cold, my mindless musings usurped by silly thoughts of self preservation & toasty toes :p

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The end is nigh... summer slipping away, street slicks soon to be supplanted by knobbies for the sleet, snow, salt & other ...stuff, a winter wasteland waits :rolleyes: