Dallas Motor Bicycle Ride

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Talk about riding 40 miles, and all you get is crickets in this town. Happycheapskate, Seca, and me. The rest of you are a bunch of pitiful weenies. Little tiny shriveled up flaccid weenies. You guys should probably just cut your weenies off. Corrine doesn't count. She lives up in The Colony. Even though she only has one arm and no weenie, she can out ride you too.

lambofgod121980

May 31, 2012
new caney TX
So funny - I been creeping on the katy cruising thread and telling the local boys around me we should get together and so far only 1 guy has shown any intrest and he says he's out for a few weeks. I rode two towns away to the "local" bike shop and the dude who runs the place was suprised I had ridden so far away just to show him my new wheel mounted up. Btw it was a chilly 46 degrees when I left and was only sporting jeans and a hoodie as far as cold protection. Loooool good stuff

And as far as meeting you half way - I'm soooooooooooo down to make that run. I might decide to make a trip to dallas even if just for the day to ride with you guys. I do have vacation comming in may......

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Is that a foot peg or a kick start ahead of the normal crank and pedals? I'd be afraid of the front wheel sweeping it and causing a fall, or racking a shin on it.

I like the build though. You can get 3,5, and 6 speed freewheels for dirt cheap now. Some people say the design is old and done, but I like them. You get a new freehub body every time you get new cogs, and they don't have those fancy little tooth shapes to wear out so fast.
Can the bike be pedal started?

re: 3.5 briggs bike http://motorbicycling.com/picture.php?albumid=530&pictureid=6243

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Is that a foot peg or a kick start ahead of the normal crank and pedals? I'd be afraid of the front wheel sweeping it and causing a fall, or racking a shin on it.

I like the build though. You can get 3,5, and 6 speed freewheels for dirt cheap now. Some people say the design is old and done, but I like them. You get a new freehub body every time you get new cogs, and they don't have those fancy little tooth shapes to wear out so fast.
Can the bike be pedal started?

re: 3.5 briggs bike http://motorbicycling.com/picture.php?albumid=530&pictureid=6243
Seca's bike might be a challange for us to ride since we're not used to riding it. It has a pull start, and no clutch so you have to pedal it up to speed before you start it. Once it's going, if you want to stop you have to kill it. He can shift it while it's going. You can pedal it without the motor running but you have to slip the belt off, which is easy to do.