Wz001

GoldenMotor.com

doug713

Dec 5, 2009
lake havasu city AZ
After seeing Pats Design Insperation post i've decided to post a picture of Sportman Flyer WZ001 under construction.It was intended to be a boardtracker.After getting the bike in my garage and throwing some parts at it this is what i ended up with. The only change to Pats work,which is top notch i might add,is to the clutch spring bracket.Pat had it welded to the frame verticaly which required stretching the spring and hooking it in the bracket. I cut it off and welded a new one on horizontaly and attached the spring to a threaded eye bolt making it a breeze to install and adjust the belts.I believe Pat said he would be using a similar arraingement on future builds.

Attachments

Last edited:

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Doug
On the Panther frame it looks like you taken the upper bar of a Schwinn girls bike and reconfigured the lower bar for more room. Would you mind doing a closeup? I've been thinking that way myself as I have a girls bike here and had been eyeballing that myself. Was it welded or brassed? Have insets inside frametube for strenght at the weld?
Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

doug713

Dec 5, 2009
lake havasu city AZ
Thats exaclty what i did.I cut sections off a seatpost and put them inside the tube for strength and MIG welded it. I'll take some closup pictures of what i did at the bottom bracket later when i have more time.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Definately a cool looking cruiser, Doug. Those forks are nice. How about a close-up picture? The Panther looks like an interesting project as well and the modified down tube will open it up for a Whizzer engine nicely. Oh, my brother has been working on a Hipo Whizzer intake manifold. Maybe he can make a couple extras for us.

doug713

Dec 5, 2009
lake havasu city AZ
Heres a picture of the bottom bracket with motor and mounts welded in.What i did was cut the bb on the girls frame in half flip it over and weld on to the men bb.this covered the hole from where the downttube was removed and gave me the downward angle i needed to attach the girls tube

Attachments

doug713

Dec 5, 2009
lake havasu city AZ
ChopperDave With the autoclutch the belt i used on the front was AX27(29 inch) and rear wasAX66 (68inch).The rear is quite a bit longer than stock because the engine sits lower and Pats idler.

AustinSpace

Aug 28, 2011
United States
After seeing Pats Design Insperation post i've decided to post a picture of Sportman Flyer WZ001 under construction.It was intended to be a boardtracker.After getting the bike in my garage and throwing some parts at it this is what i ended up with. The only change to Pats work,which is top notch i might add,is to the clutch spring bracket.Pat had it welded to the frame verticaly which required stretching the spring and hooking it in the bracket. I cut it off and welded a new one on horizontaly and attached the spring to a threaded eye bolt making it a breeze to install and adjust the belts.I believe Pat said he would be using a similar arraingement on future builds.
What kind of fork is that?