My next build

GoldenMotor.com

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh. Now that I have finished my Bumble Bee rear wheel friction drive on my Huffy Cranbrook and my 4 stroke 49cc HF142F build on my Mintcraft Cruiser. I guess I will do my 80 (66) cc 2 stroke build on my Roadmaster Mountain bike. I will post pictures of the start and the finish when I get to working on it.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh.I will start on the Roadmaster Mountain bike next week. The motor on it will be the china girl 80cc Later model that has bearings instead of bushings. I have already mock built it to see if I had any mounting problems and have none so far. Took back down. Now next week I will be putting it together. I know I am putting on a pull starter I already have it. I just can"t see putting that jerry rigged auto clutch on. Mainly because it is not capable of takeing off from standing start so whats the point when you have to peddle up to speed anyway. I will post some pictures when I start and while I am doing the build.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh. Ok I decided to go ahead with the Roadmaster Mountain bike build. Started about 5:30 this eve and stopped at 9:30 this eve. Got almost complete. all that is left is mounting the CDI unit and putting fuel in tank. Will do that tomorrow eve. Too hot during day so waiting until cools off a little. Here are a few more pics.Some pics were blury.

Attachments

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
Well did not get completely finished. I did flush the fuel tank, but need to go get fuel filter to go between tank and carb. I also need to get chain for pedaling sprockets, changeing from 10 speed to single speed. I guess then I will be through with it. I installed the CDI unit and the muffler brace. Will take more pictures when I finish those few task..duh.

JOBAfunky

May 21, 2014
F'n Kansas
Not that it means anything but I've had a lot of bad experiences on a roadmaster: frame failure, handlebars coming out mid ride, seat post bending over, along with a host of other minor issues. Granted that was more than 15 years ago.

rackemblue

Jan 20, 2014
Orange,Tex
.duh. This is the Roadmaster Fury. You must be talking about a different model. This is a solid steel heavy constructed bike. The seat post is thick so I can't see it bending over unless set extremely to high and then it would be hard to bend anyway I really don't care it is a cheaper model bike and I can't see putting a cheap motor on an expensive bike. I am building a timeX not a Rolex. LOL By the way it is a mountain bike. not a cruiser or road bike.