Mini-gen stealing my spark??

GoldenMotor.com

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
Hi all,

engine: 2 stroke, 48cc, NT carb, NGK b6h spark plug.

I have installed my 12V mini-gen, without connecting it to anything. I haven't connected the mini-charger, that goes with it.

I turn the bike over and no spark, take out the mini-gen, sparking as normal.

any ideas on what is wrong? I have emailed the seller, no response yet.

do I need to insulate the min-gen, with the magneto? or is the mini-gen broken?

Cheers
Tim

CharlieHustle

Jan 23, 2013
Cleveland Hts Ohio
as i think about the problem we have a 6volt power supply already and with the mini gen theres a 18 volt draw on the system now so spark is gonna be very weak. im still not sure how to resolve this issue yet.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
but that doesn't make any electrical sense, if you know what I mean.

my small amount of electrical knowledge, indicates something is wrong somewhere.

I have ordered a newer magneto, than my 2009 one, to see if this will do. But the reading I have done, I dont think it will make a difference.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
as i think about the problem we have a 6volt power supply already and with the mini gen theres a 18 volt draw on the system now so spark is gonna be very weak. im still not sure how to resolve this issue yet.
the mini-gen should not draw at all.
its technically a second magneto, or an addition to the current one making it larger.

soup325

Dec 11, 2010
Canberra
this what I got in my reply from wonderful creations

Thank you for contacting me regarding this matter, and sorry to learn that you're experiencing problems.
- Please connect the Mini Generator to a load before operating the bike.
- Please use a SPDT switch which directs Mini-Gen output to ground. This neutralizes Mini-Gen when not in use.
- Some engines might experience interference when Mini-Gen is in "no load" condidtion.
- If you have a 2-wire Mini-Gen please connect black wire to engine ground and use a switch to ground other wire when under "no load condition".
- If Mini-Gen is being used along with Mini-Charger, then please connect Mini-Gen to our 12 Volt Mini-Charger as directed in the instructions.