Found a home for my Solex clone,

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I've been wanting a 3 wheel bike to motorise lately. Was thinking about using my nib 99cc predator on one.

Someone gave me a Trailmaster Desoto trike last week. Has a little rust and character. I was envisioning a new paint job rims ect, but after cleaning it up and oiling it good, I decided I liked the patina and character.

I decided to mount my spare Solex clone on it. Old school look goes well with the old lookin trike.
IMAG0090.jpg

And the install was so simple and quick. Only took about 30 munites to mount it and start it up.

I love the way it drives, with the smooth quiet, unscary power and stability. On it's maiden voyage, I drove it around the neighborhood for 2 hours, until it was too dark to see.
I did hafta show off , riding long distances on 2 wheels for entertainment of some of my neighbors.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Great looking trike. I was surprised how very stable the front end mounted engine is. On mine the wheel just turns when the handle bars do and they are stiff Very different from the bike that leans. But it does lean some.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Yeah trike steering is backwards from 2 wheel steering geometry. All 2 wheelers are countersteered once moving fast enough for gyroscopic effect to cause balance. Pull the right bar throws you into a left banked turn, vice versa.

I like to lean my trike opposite of a yank on the bars and get it up and ride balanced on 2 wheels a while :~)