Briggs updraft carburetor rebuild

GoldenMotor.com

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Hey Guys,

I realize this question probably does not belong in this section, but I wanted to ask Norm a question.

I have a 5hp briggs and stratton engine in my MB and I am using an updraft carburetor on it. I rebuilt the carb recently, but I can't seem to get it running well. The motor surges at higher RPMs, it almost seems like its getting too much fuel too fast.

Anyway, I was doing some research on this site and I found an old thread where Norm mentioned he was very familiar with briggs carbs and that he even offered to rebuild one for someone on this forum.

I was just hoping that Norm still offers this kind of work, because I would like to ask if he can look at/rebuild my carb if I sent it to him in the mail.

Thanks,

Gilbert

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
If yor going to ask me a question this IS the place to do it ....yea I can if the carb is rebuildable.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Thanks, I guess I should send you a PM to get your address and figure out how much money I should send to you?

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Ok. I might add that the 5 hp briggs will run like a scalded dog on the old pulsa jet carbs. these carbs have the fuel tank attached to the carbs bottom. they can also be redone to run on alcohol very easily. They are the choice carb for the old flathead engines if you were not allowed to run a tilly pumper carb.
The pulsa jet carbs have no float only a diaphragm pump and worked great. very simple carb to tune.
You can order the pulas jet carb blueprinted from most racing kart shops.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Yeah, my engine came with the tank-mounted carb, but I am using an in frame tank, so I bought the updraft carb. My build thread is here if you would like to see my set up.

Thanks,

Gilbert