ok guys i need info

GoldenMotor.com

edangel

Sep 7, 2010
seveirville tn
ok to day i went to my loc dealer i know kind of exspaced but it here any way was thing about well i went and got a avid ball bearing disc brake all he had was one so i got it but my bike is a 1986 univaga alpina 503 and if u had a chose one which one u would do first eather front or back have to do some work to eather
right now i got a v type brake .32 th on a 26 inch in the rear
so if u got time brnot

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i would do the front first to see if you like it it does most of your stopping anyway so it will give you your best results never know you might only need the one

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
those brakes are fantastic I run a set of bb7's on my chopper an have braking power to spare ........but some have said "who needs brakes they only slow you down !" :p

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I run the basic mechanical Avid disk brakes on my mountain bike and they work great.
If I had only one disk brake, I would definitely mount it on the front - especially on a motorized bike.
Your 86 Univega will require a a disk brake fork with a 1" threaded steerer of 6" long or so.
You will also need to get a front wheel that is disk compatible.
My first mountain bike was an 88 Univega Rover. Your Alpina is lighter because it's made with butted steel.

edangel

Sep 7, 2010
seveirville tn
ok thanks i got a walle world bike frount end with shocks its got v brakes i got to mack a brace and have it welded i havent buy to much on her she a parts bike thank u again

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You can sometimes use a front disk brake mount from a pocket bike (mini ninja).
It mounts to your axle at one end and you must rig something to attach the other ent to the fork.