Grubee motor in Calif?

GoldenMotor.com

Jim C

Jul 11, 2010
Long Beach Calif
Two quick questions; I just rolled home a free Huffy CB. I wold like to use a Grubee Skyhawk motor but I see a disclaimer that they will not sell in Calif. The other choice is the Stinger SD motor that will sell in Calif. Can I use a gas motor in Calif I have done it before. Second question is If I can get a motor is there a disk brake front brake available that will fit to the Huff wheel? In my last build I did use the Stinger and am willing to use it again I am just asking about the Grubee.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I would go with the Stinger, since they sell to California. A lot of folks use the 2 stroke engines in Cali, some register, some dont. I dont live in Cali, so I dont know how much trouble the cops will give you. As far as a disc brake, you can buy a fork with disc brake mounts and a 1" steerer tube, or you can buy the springer fork, adapter, and complete disc brake set from Venice Motor Bikes for about $200. Not a bad price if you ask me. I went with a drum up front on my Cranbrook.

Rimshot805

Sep 12, 2012
Paso Robles,Ca
I got my Grubee here in Cali shipped to me a couple months ago from PistonBikes.com, maybe if you tell them it is only for racing an offroad purposes they may send you one.