Interchangeable Gas Tank?

GoldenMotor.com

moondoggie

Nov 9, 2012
Visalia, California
Is it possible to use a motorcycle fuel tank for a bike? It seems 1.4-2.5 liters is the norm for a tank, is there anything special on a 2.4L bicycle fuel tank that isn't on a 2 gallon motorcycle gas tank? Is there any kind of modification I could do to the gas tank to work with a bike engine?

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
nothing different just get the right size petcock for the tank and fuel hose BBB is running a plastic tank off a 3 wheeler on his bike thats 2-2.5 gallons alot of people end up hateing the stock tank for many different reasons most people just dont like the look of it though

BoDean_LP

Apr 25, 2012
Jeffersonville, Indiana
There's a youtube video of a kid riding a Schwinn OCC Stingray with a Honda Rebel Tank on it. I don't remember if he had the china girl engine or not though. The tank looked great, but rather large for the bike.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=39776 My bike is the one Jonny mentioned with the plastic tank, and you can see pictures of it there. Its 2 gallons. The only difference is the size of the fuel line. The stock fuel line is 3/16, I am running a 1/4 line. That may not apply on every tank, it depends what size nipple the petcock has. Basically, if you are willing to get a little creative with the mounting technique, you can probably fit just about any tank you want on your bike. I have seen all kinds of tanks on bicycles, from in-frame designs to Harley Sportster tanks, and everything in between.