exhaust tip----is it bad to ride with out it

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
if you want just a little bit louder trimm off the pipe inside the cap and rip out the tin plates channel locks or a small vise grips will do then replace the cap i did this to my riverside/flyinghorse66 youll be verry pleased with the results you may have to run the needle clip one notch richer
This is good info....I have done it on a couple of my builds. Opening up the pipe A LITTLE and making sure the carb is set right are the two cheapest and easiest mods you can do to increase power.

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
I too agree that loud pipes are annoying to the 99% ers I removed my end cap and got an increase in speed of about 8 miles an hour, and the thing would pull a wheely if i reved it and let out the clutch, yea I know thats not good for the chinese pucks, but man what a difference in power. So as not to annoy people,I tried something different. I cut off about 2 inches of that little pipe that is welded to the end cap. The power is night and day worked great and bike is still quiet, has just a slightly deeper rumble. Oh yea I purchased a no name motor from E-bay store Luckyearlybird and man besides the cheap studs, this is the best motor yet a 66cc Have fun

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
What I did with my muffler, now keep in mind mine is the 3 piece design, was open up the tubes that go between the chambers. When you first take on apart you'll notice the 3/8" tubes are almost crushed flat so I just took a screwdriver and made the ends round again.

I also cut off my cat because having it at the end up an expansion pipe pretty much makes it useless and after having to replace the little studs 3 times after they broke I got tired and welded the cap on. My muffler is quiet and produces more power then the little glass pack I tested for a couple of days.