Installation with Disc Brakes

GoldenMotor.com

Seamus

Nov 22, 2009
NZ
Hey,

I'm new here and signed up because i need help installing a 66cc engine kit onto a Giant Strata.
I was extremely clever and bought a bike without thinking about the complications Disc Brakes would cause. Has anyone here done an installation with disc brakes?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Cheers :-||

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
I did. I removed my back disc brake and went with a v-brake instead. lol

I don't think that disc brakes will work at all unless you rig it up to work with Andy's Top Hat adapter. In fact, to get the kit to work with your bike without getting a new rear wheel, you need to get the Top Hat adapter and a sprocket to go with it. Then if you are lucky, there will be enough space left over for a disc brake.

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I mounted my sproket to the disc break, i ride with front cantalever breaks only, check out USAbikemotors.com they have an adapter that works very well, they also have there own sprockets from 50t-34t if there web site doesnt have them listed give them a call...

scabz24

Oct 16, 2009
dunedin fl.
get andys top hat adapter itll solve your problems,and you can still run your disc.look to the right his add is right there.kings sales and service.

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I know someone who uses the manic mechanic sprocket adapter and disc brakes. He had to put a spacer under the disc to move it out away from the sprocket and change the way the caliper mounted, but it all worked out in the end.