Forum Runner issues since iOS 6

GoldenMotor.com

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Just me? Ever since iOS 6 updates for the iPad the Forum Runner app has been less than optimal. Since 6.0.1 it has been mostly unusable for me anyway. Anyone else having issues or did and found a fix?

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
The icons on the left side of the screen no longer work (forums and current) when on the Subscribed tab. Also, when in a thread I cannot select a photo, can only select a topic from the middle or left side of the bar, cannot go "back" or exit a thread. In order to get out I need to go to another app and then close Forum Runner. If you are not having an issue it is possible that there is a conflict of some kind.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Try it with your iPad in landscape. Often a third of my screen is gone and the only way to get it back is to rotate the iPad into portrait then back to landscape. Seems to make the icons work again too although it's a lot like working with an etch-a-sketch.

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
I'm on iOS 6.0.1 and it does not work at all for me. I have uninstalled the app, reinstalled and started from scratch. The first time I open the app the start up screen fills about 2/3 in landscape mode by turning the iPad to portrait then back the screen fills except that none of the icons on the left side of the screen respond. This is the only app with this issue. I give up. Not like I don't have the Internet format as an alternative or that it was a really expensive software package, just that when it was working it was pretty nice.

Thanks for taking a look though.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i will keep messing with it and see what i can figure out. i did both landscape and portrait and opened pictures. wife had my ipad and just got back from kalamazoo last night and i updated and played with it. i had tried a friends when you first told me and only briefly. i havn't given up yet. if i can find the problem hopefully i can repair it