Alabama Bicycle Meetup,Montgomery,July 31st,2010

GoldenMotor.com

GTX

May 5, 2010
Prattville
My VW Club,the Vintage Volkswagen Assoc.,hosts a show/swap every year on the last Sat. in July.The VW Meltdown is in it's 9th year.There are always some cool old bikes the VW fans bring there,but I wanted to invite more folks with bikes to come hang out,our even set up a swap space.I don't limit what's sold there.
We are raffling a new Schwinn Drifter with Woody's Fenders on it.I will have my '63 Schwinn Fleet with Skyhawk,finished,or not,there!
Hours are 8 am-3 pm....we head to the local Cruise-In across town after the show.
Let me know if anyone is interesred.
Home Page VINTAGEVW.NET

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I may be interested. We just had a baby, so I don't know if I can go that way or not just yet. If I can, I will be there.

GTX

May 5, 2010
Prattville
We have live band lined up,made up of VW mechanics.We plan to have a jam session,so bring an instument...I'll post the song so you can learn it.
They played at our Spring event and are pretty good!
The swap area is open to anything,so drag out your bike parts to trade.The place is pretty big and we have a covered area the show cars are under if you want to get out of the sun.Boy Scouts will be grilling grub,or Hardee;s is next door.
Address is 1655 Federal Drive,next to the Coliseum and Fairgrounds...a giant Cow is at the gate!

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I know that area, maybe even the exact spot. I used to live in Montgomery and worked at Jimmy's Car Stereo. We had several car audio competitions there. Thanks for the invite! I really hope to meet you there.

GTX

May 5, 2010
Prattville
The bikes are multiplying...Now I have a Bobber style Murray USA with Skyhawk,Huffy Big Daddy Kustom,Schwinn Fleet,OCC Chopper,Schwinn Drifter,and Schwinn Ladies Avenue Hybrid.I'll see how many I can bring Sat.