Big Guys front suspension

GoldenMotor.com

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
Here are a couple of Pics of my latest build- Flea Market, and Parts piles in the back yard- Prolly got $175.00 in new parts.
Chopped & Welded 2 front suspension forks to prevent it from bottoming out on bumps, and quick stops- I'm 230, and It'll bottom out pretty quick on a standard front susp. Yeah- New at welding, but a flap disc helps on the ugly weld factor.
My Wife found the Huffy Frame, all parts intact for 30 bills, older steel frame was a nice canvas. Headlight is a 13 Led conversion. Cut and repositioned Seatpost-(Again Thankful to the creator of Flap discs!) Fenders are chopped- and prepped for an attempt to age the overall look- intentionally raised paint, rust on some of the parts- Didn't turn out exactly as I thought. But It's fun and Satisfying to Build whatever you can imagine- and just learn as you go. Self/Home made kill switch- and Self Modified Expansion chamber.
The main point I took from this one was to enjoy the mistakes, and the lessons, I learned from them.
Thanks to Everyone here on this great site- I rarely post, but am here daily reading and learning.
-Richard. zpt
Forgot to Add- Runs a steady 25, with great low end torque- Fun to build, Fun to ride!

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Your fork and seat tube setup are very cool & innovative. There is something on the pedal chain side of your engine that resembles a kick start lever. What is it?

Matheneyr3

Jun 4, 2009
Carolinas
Hard to see, but it's an aluminum shift handle with a push button Kill switch at the tip. -I like the fact that I can "Click" it off and not worry that it would be obvious to start, or hopefully as an added theft prevention measure- Another "Just to see if I could do it", and "What will it look like?" -type of mod. Trying to enjoy and have Fun.

Thanks for the positive input, it is much appreciated!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You are a shade tree genius. I had been looking for a good place to mount a shifter. I will likely mount mine on the motor chain side so I can keep one hand on the throttle.