Ryobi Performance Upgrades?

GoldenMotor.com

Erich_870

Dec 4, 2009
Alaska
I have a Ryobi 31 cc engine I'm hoping to find upgrades for. I have some pics of the carb, but I can't post them until I get some more posts under my belt.

I've not seen other people use this engine, so there may not be any suggestions, but I thought I'd ask.

Erich

Last edited:

Erich_870

Dec 4, 2009
Alaska
Anyone have thoughts about performance improvements for this little engine? I've removed the carb and currently the intake gasket is more restrictive than the engine port, so I intend to trim it slightly.

Once I hit the minimum number of posts, I'll link some photos.

Erich

Erich_870

Dec 4, 2009
Alaska
No ideas out there? :confused:

I've continued doing research into the options for this little engine and I think Dave's Discount Motors has a bunch of compatible parts.

I'm pretty confident that this engine uses a Walbro style carb as it's practically identical to mine.

av61x

I'll have to get some measurements to see how mine compares for bore diameter. It also looks like my carb has an internal choke, so I'd need to stay with replacements that have the same

av609

Erich

Erich_870

Dec 4, 2009
Alaska
Turns out I was mistaken about the model of my carb. It's actually a Zama Model number C1U-H62A.

A Walbro looks very similar, so I'm not sure if they are close enough to try. I did learn that my stock carb has a venturi diameter of 9mm.

Zama's website says that the model C1U comes in three throat sizes (11, 12.71, 14 mm) and five venturi dia (7, 8, 9, 10, 11mm)

I'm trying to find the model numbers for the 14mm:11mm carb.

Does anyone know if there are any vendors of aftermarket Zama style carbs?

Erich

Erich_870

Dec 4, 2009
Alaska
That carb kinda looks like the one off my J-dog zooma 31cc motor. Try ScooterParts4Less.com Parts for electric/Gas Scooter,atv, pocket bike, dirt bike maybe you can find some high perf. parts there.
Thanks for the suggestion!

I searched through all of the carbs, and this one might work. I'll have to measure the spacing on the carb studs on my engine.

Performance Carburetor kit for 49cc Mid-size bike motor

I am a little confused though because the picture of the same carb with an air filter included does not look the same

Erich