Do these come in a kit form or just the motor?

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Kits anywhere?
Your subject says "these" motors.
I presume "these" are Morini's?

There are no Morini kits that I have ever seen.
I don't know what you would need in a kit anyway aside from motor mounts.

Most bikes would need custom motor mounts anyway.

Pipelyne sold a complete Morini full suspension bike and did sell some motor mounts but not sure if they still do?

What frame do you want to install a Morini in?

Last edited:

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
would love to see a suplier on this forum who makes a custom or modded full suspention frame with morini or denardis mounts built in.....

it could be sold as just a fram or in packages...

entry lvl would have frame and rear swing arm with some kind of inexpencive but worthy fron suspention forks and 26 in rims with v breaks

next would be frame and swing arm with upgraded front suspention and disk breaks with 26in rims

next would be the full 26 in package... frame swingarm sweet front fork dual oversized disks on 26in rims with a 7 speed derailor and handle bars levers and bottob bracket with crank and all

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
You could buy a full suspension bike and put it on yourself, there are 2 or 3 frames that will work. I used a GT LTS. I used the SBP shift kit so its a shifter.

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
The shifter works great in all conditions but I had to make a chain guide for the chain that drives the rear wheel. The chain would jump off the front sprocket in very rough terrain (Chain bounce), the guide works good but I slow down in rough terrain to avoid the hassle. Since we race on a road course I don't ride dirt much anymore because of the pain switching tires, these tires are terrible in the dirt!

Top speed is 50-52 MPH and being a shifter its quick getting up to speed. Heres a race/crash video (I have posted this a million times...lol). I never hit the highest gears because the straight isn't long enuff (7 speed and IIRC I only use up to 4th gear and hit 43-45 MPH).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_j5y9XDyKw&feature=c4-overview&list=UUp2zIoY4JB6KWvEWedGWidg

Last edited:

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
They sell kits at custommotorizedbikes.com
The kit they show for a KTM says it comes with a 36t sprocket and that would be way too high geared for a KTM with a 26" wheel and a KTM needs to be geared much lower that a 36T. They arent at all like what you would gear a china girl. You would need at least as big as a 46T and more like a 48t.
Since they at custom motorized bikes don't know what size sprocket to use with a KTM I seriously doubt that they have mounts for a KTM that will work.

This guy says he can make ktm mounts for what ever frame you have, http://ghettobike.com/

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
It is a single speed, no gears. I have built 2 bikes with them, one is a single speed and the other uses an SBP shift kit (Uses rear derailler to shift).

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
So if the motor is like on a dirt bike and has gears,. The 36t would bog down in the higher gears?
So like, search bar dude, it rocks.

The motor makes all it's power up high, it spools out to considerably higher rpm than a ChinaGirl therefore you need more gear reduction.

Homework bro, homework. Those morini clones run close to $500. You can build a ChinaGirl for less than that. Look into it closely before you buy something you don't need, want, or know what to do with.

Last edited: