Morini GT2 Gas frame

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
You may know this already, but try keyword "triple tree forks bicycle" to expand your options... while both names are valid & mean the same, they seem to be used by somewhat different groups & styles. Apparently, custom builders (modified, fabricated, etc.) prefer the term "triple tree" & riders (mtb, downhillers, etc) "dual crown" ...generally speaking ofc ;)

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
i am looking into a water cooled denardis 60cc big bore motor and was wondering if it would fit into the skyhawk frame nicely.

the denardis water cooled motors... do they have the same mounting patern as the morini air cooled ? and what type of mouning hardware did you fabricate to get it in th frame it would be a big help if you could put up some pics of the mounts . .. i was also wondering if you made use of the china girl frnt mount that comes on the frame ?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
i am looking into a water cooled denardis 60cc big bore motor and was wondering if it would fit into the skyhawk frame nicely.

the denardis water cooled motors... do they have the same mounting patern as the morini air cooled ? and what type of mouning hardware did you fabricate to get it in th frame it would be a big help if you could put up some pics of the mounts . .. i was also wondering if you made use of the china girl frnt mount that comes on the frame ?
So far I've noticed that the lower mounts are pretty much the same on the DeNardis engines but they lack the head mount... this shouldn't be a problem for a new build but could present problems if putting onenof these in an existing build where the top mount was used. The front and rear mounts can easily be fabricated out of aluminum or steel sheet stock but if you have an older frame that uses all 4 mounting points it may require the builder to fab up a mount that could be bolted to the head by using longer head studs.

yang

Feb 27, 2015
california
I have a Denardis 60 cc big bore liquid cooled engine mounted in a GT2 frame.
It was a nightmare to get it to fit in the frame with expansion pipe and radiator as well as having clearance for the pedals. I think I need more posts before I can add picture.It took alot of work both MIG and TiG welding was required.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
fill that frame with spray foam to deaden the hi-frequency vibes that will cause cracks, they do it in airplanes all the time. just a thought. dennis