rear wheel bearing help

GoldenMotor.com

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
I was riding today and went to brake for some train tracks and all of a sudden my rear wheel got tight then sloppy. I stopped and found i have about 1/4 inch side to side play in my wear wheel. so what should i do? order new bearings(these have to be torn to h*ll ) Buy i complete rim w sprocket from spooky tooth (not worth it in my opinion same sprocket rag joint deal) or is there another option? any thoughts or ideas are welcome

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
I was riding today and went to brake for some train tracks and all of a sudden my rear wheel got tight then sloppy. I stopped and found i have about 1/4 inch side to side play in my wear wheel. so what should i do? order new bearings(these have to be torn to h*ll ) Buy i complete rim w sprocket from spooky tooth (not worth it in my opinion same sprocket rag joint deal) or is there another option? any thoughts or ideas are welcome
Just take your wheel apart, and take out a bearing, and count how many there are, then go to your LBS and get your bearing, then go pack some high speed high temp waterproof grease. here is a tutorial video How To Overhaul Wheel Bearings - Bicycle Tutor It really isn't hard, if i can do it, cmon anyone can,lol

nogig

Mar 18, 2010
south carolina
I was watching the bicycle tutor vid when you replied, lol It really looks easy and i have no idea why i get nervous when working on small parts. I need to wash my bike and just get it done. gonna try tightening the cones first so I can limp into town tomorrow. There is no LBS so i have to mailorder most everything. I wanna fix my wheel and get one of jims nice sprocket adapters.