can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

GoldenMotor.com

Quanah

Dec 13, 2008
Central, Illinois
I'm trying to get my clutch shaft out. I have read that it will come out either side, I am trying to remove it from the right side, so I don't have to remove the clutch gear. I removed the drive sprocket and the bucking bar, smacked it with a rubber mallet and it won't budge. I don't want to hit it too hard. I see drawings of the clutch and it seems like the cases need to be split to remove the clutch shaft assembly. Any help would be appreciated.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It will come out either side. The rear shaft bearings press in from the OUTSIDE, unlike the crank bearings. It just takes a knock sometimes. Some cases are tighter than others. A good hard hit is often needed to move it but be SURE to protect the shaft end with something malleable.
The threads are far too easy to bung up.

bezzi1

Aug 14, 2014
miami
hey guys.... ok straight to the point.... i just built my first bike (80cc 2 stroke) and im having this issue.... i got it running with no prob then like a couple blocks down it stopped on me.... now when i pedal and release the clutch the engine starts but wont accelerate for nothing ...when i try to accelerate it jus kinda makes this gurgling sound and dies dwn...can someone plz help....this is so disappointing man... thanx ahead of times guys:-||

CityBoyMechanic

Aug 26, 2014
Michigan
Hello, I have just finished registration, so i am brand new to this site. I built my bike, and all goes well. Except for my rear tire. I put my engine kit on a huffy cranbrook, and the back tire is a 26 x 2.125 tire. i seem to be getting alot of rubbing from the chain onto the left side of the tire. i was wondering that since the bike tube is 26 x 1.95 - 26 x 2.125, i could simply get a 26 x 1.95 tire. Also, being a beginner mechanic, i forgot to tighten my chain tentioner. Upon attempting to start it the first time, the chain tentioner flew in and broke a spoke on my wheel. its still attached on both sides, but i think the nipple may be broken. Would it be worth it to get a new tire and nipple or simply get a fully assembled wheel that is 26 x 1.95. what do you think?

thanks- Alex

:-||

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'd suggest replacing the spoke and having the tensioner tack welded by a local muffler or welding shop.
Welding the tensioner makes it reliable.
Also, the thinner tire will work to stop your chain rub problems, but a sprocket adapter is also an option as they allow you to slide in or out on the hub to adjust for chain clearance.
A thinner tire is the cheaper fix.

CityBoyMechanic

Aug 26, 2014
Michigan
Thanks for the advice! I will soon be getting a shift kit once i get the money. (they are really expensive!) anyways rode my bike a bit today, about thirty minutes in, and i was going around the condo complex i live in and i was on full throttle prolly going 35 mph. all the sudden, with no weird screeches or anything, my engine stared to stall. tried starting it two more times and still no start. Sounds like i have choke on, but the engine is hot and i had choke off. Also i made sure i had gas (and right fuel ratio) so Im guessing its the spark plug or maybe even have gas in my cylinder, but its odd that either of them would go bad or happen when i was riding it for like 30 minutes. Really disappointing. Any response will be a huge help.

Thanks- Alex
:-|| :-|| :-|| :-||

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I put my engine kit on a huffy cranbrook.
Well Alex, I suggest you do these 2 checks considering you bought about the worst bike there is to motorize.

From the side, grab the top bar with one hand and the top of your (cold) engine and push back and forth as hard as you can.
I mean as HARD as your can.
If your engine moves at all, that's a fail, the engine simply has to be solidly attached to the frame.

Next, from the side, grab the top of your back wheel with one hand and the frame with other and shove it back it forth.
If the back wheel rocks back and forth that is a fail, most likely by the crappy back hub $100 Huffy bikes use.

Just check for yourself, and then their are people here that simply love the $100 WallyWorld bikes and should be happy to tell you all the things you need to buy and do to make it something that might be reliable enough for your needs.

On the other hand maybe everything is perfect and it's something else.
Pic's would help for this.

edwardc

Nov 19, 2014
nevada
hello all
i am new to the forum and not sure how everything works

i recently found this motorized bike in a pawn shop and have no idea about its past or any thing

it seems to be a modern style with what looks like bicycle/motorcycle style forks ( solid tubes ) triple crown ( alum ) for the handle bars
12 or more speeds but what looks like a whizzer type motor
some one did a set of oil fuel tanks for it that are same color as the bike ( white ) and about the dia of a soup can but about 16 or 18 inch

some one did a lot of work to transform a beach mtn cruiser to a motor style whizzer clone bike

but they hid or removed all trace of the orig bike builder
and the same type style engine is also on a schwinn speedster
boys frame skinny tire mid 60s cruiser

so both engines were most likely done at the same place /home

i would appreciate any help as i am thinking of buying it

edward c

Attachments

edwardc

Nov 19, 2014
nevada
Chained

no but i sat on it and rolled it across the shop floor had plenty of back pressure and i could feel it was in gear and it had resistance
seems to have a twist grip for throttle and either centrifugal clutch or twist grip clutch

i am pretty sure they drained the gas because of fire hazards etc
but i can go back any time and test it or what ever right now i have a small cash hold on it i can change my mind if i need to the store owner is fair if i tell him its not worth $ 5 he believes me
as i buy many items from him all year

he is in to it for $ 400.00 and that's what he wants for it. he got the Schwinn for about the same price.

do you recognize the engine ??

one of these pics is of the same engine on a Schwinn speedster.
seems strange that two of the same motors would come in on two different bikes but then again they were most likely built at the same time same owner

if it will help i can go back and take more pics
and look for any marks tags etc
i did check it over but found no tags etc
any other place to look ??

any help appreciated

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
he is in to it for $ 400.00 and that's what he wants for it.

do you recognize the engine ??
Yes, it's an older straight head 66cc with a CNS carb and Sick Bikes Parts expansion chamber.

The clutch is the lever on the left with a lock button.
It should roll free with the clutch pulled in.

Looks like it's got a bad exhaust gasket but the cylinder scoring but they are cheap.

It looks like it has a chain tensioner on both sides, that's odd.
It has no gears and apparently no front brake either which leaves just the coaster brake on a chain with funky weak tensioner, in short unsafe.

Worth $400?
The expansion chamber was $80 but even then I wouldn't pay $400 for something clearly rode hard for a long time.

edwardc

Nov 19, 2014
nevada
i think its an ex mtn bike i was in the bike business for 10 years but i have never seen this brand of frame etc
its got a beach cruiser look but its got rigid forks so not mtn bike it does have a miss matched parts look to it

it does have gears its got an old shimano rear gear package i guess it doesn't show up in the pics

i am going to go down and take some more pics and i have the option of putting a front drum brake on it and i will.
it has some funky rear caliper style brake and i took it off while it was still on the floor because some one took the pad s off

the white bike is the one i am getting and the pics are not of good quality but its almost like new clean not many scratches etc. the red bike is a beat up schwinn speedster and your right its crap crap tires etc

any clue on the brand of the motor ? just in case i do follow thru and get it so that i have parts available

i am building a cabin and its two miles to the mail box and i don't feel like walking in 100 plus heat so i figure this would be a fun ride for that and if need be i can always re sell it to my buddy whose into weird bikes LOL

who ever built it had the idea of recreating a flat track racer look bike or a salt flat racer style so its better built

thanks for the opinion

kc vale

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You'll find that many of the experienced builders here will tell you the price is too high for what you're getting. You could build a new bike, comparable to that one for about half the money, or a little more.

The front fork is the same used on the Nirve Switchblade. With no front brakes it is an earlier version. Later ones had disc brakes.

At least whoever built it took some time and mounted the fenders well. That's a plus in its favor, as well as the unique fuel tank. They are both for fuel. The engine is a 2 stroke which means the oil is mixed with the gasoline. No seperate oil tank needed.

The carburetor is one of the least favorites here. Some builders have had success with it but most shun it in favor of either the standard NT style or an aftermarket replacement. The CNS can be a booger to tune and maintain unless you have a lot of experience with it.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to do. Post some more photos and show us the engine mounts and the rear sprocket installation. Also the chain tensioners. We'll be able to offer more observations.

Tom

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
The engine wont have a "BRAND NAME" It's a standard 2 stroke bicycle engine from China. There's probably about 10 factorys producing them. You can pick up a already built motorized bike used on craigslist starting at around $250. I can get a customer out the door (IF they supply the bike) on a new build for about $300. IF(a big IF)There's a extra $100 worth of parts on it then $400 might be about right, But I dont see it on this one. The shop owner paid TOO MUCH for it. THEN OF COURSE, He wont take a loss so he's trying to make you pay for his mistake. Again, Check out craigslist for a better deal. You did the right thing asking the forum before buying. If possible do the same if you find one on craigslist.
Good luck bro,
Fatdaddy.usflg
P.S. OR BETTER YET,Get a good bike, order a kit and BUILD IT YOUR WAY.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Well the custom tank is cool, as are the slick looking heavy duty forks. It's clearly a build done by someone with a bit of knowledge.
The engine itself is easily replace for about $100 bucks for a new complete block, and a new nt carb is only about $15.
The fenders have had some thought with extra mounting reinforcement, which tells me whoever built it had some experience with motorizing bicycles.
I'd offer him $300 and see if he bites. The forks and tank are fairly nice and I'll bet with some additional work, it could make a very good bike.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
The gnarly brass tank vent caught my eye. The builder did some fabricating beyond the typical slap together job. I like the fork and fenders, too. Needs more brakes, but
Nice bike!

edwardc

Nov 19, 2014
nevada
thanks folks for the advice
i did get the price reduced when i told the store owner he didn't have a true whizzer in either bike he about cried seems he is on the hook for a couple more
once i get it it will get a rebuild of what needs doing
and front drum brakes are first the carb is going in the trash right off

and the tank was what got me to want it it just had that cool flat track racer look
and your right the builder did a good job on those items but i am ay a loss about the other bike ( will post pics Later ) its such a hack job looks like some one took spare parts and tried to make a motor bike copy

schwinn speedster with skinny Bald tires coaster brakes silly kids BMX plastic pedals Half of a whizzer tank with electrical's just hanging under it with zip ties
the bike frame is so under specs for the project if any one rode it they would kill them selves Trash and it should have been in the trash can NOT made into a death trap

i sold Schwinn bikes for years and we cut those crap piles up with a torch
there like the corvairs unsafe at any speed
had the builder took a good mtn bike or a true balloon tire beach cruiser he would have had a killer bike.

any old springer fork schwinn would have been better

as soon as the holidays are over ( dec 1st ) i will go back and take a butt load of pics
and give the bike a good going over

again guys thanks for the feed back

edward c