40mm intake stud spacing

GoldenMotor.com

mberry44

Aug 21, 2014
iowa
I am looking for a two stroke replacement cylinder and piston for my motorbike. Can any one tell me were I can get a cylinder with a stud spacing of 40 mm on the intake port, or a complete motor with the 40mm intake spacing.

Chainreaction

Dec 14, 2014
Tulsa OK
Are you talking about frankenstiening a motor? With 2 strokes it is particularly difficult to match parts from different engines together. For example different strokes will throw off port timing from one cylinder to another.

Why not just change the stud spacing if it is only the intake?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Bikeberry.com sells them but just like the 32mm spacing, they're not all created equally so be sure you know which one you're getting, some of these have really nice wide transfers but there are also some that have the smaller slanted transfers as well as some are made to work with the 38mm cranks while others are set up to work with 40mm cranks.
Be sure to ask before you buy and alsonsee if you can get somebody to take anpic of the insidenof the jug so you can compare the ports to what you currently have, unless you know how to port and set port timing and duration be sure you're getting the right one.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Bikeberry.com sells them but just like the 32mm spacing, they're not all created equally so be sure you know which one you're getting, some of these have really nice wide transfers but there are also some that have the smaller slanted transfers as well as some are made to work with the 38mm cranks while others are set up to work with 40mm cranks.
Be sure to ask before you buy and alsonsee if you can get somebody to take anpic of the insidenof the jug so you can compare the ports to what you currently have, unless you know how to port and set port timing and duration be sure you're getting the right one.
Ditto...

I havent seen a 40mm stroke engine with the wider intake yet but if its a half breed jug it will have a higher deck height than one that was originally for a GT5 type engine even though they're both 38mm stroke.

yeah its getting a bit crazy out here in China Girl land, you can end up with a 2hole pile of parts that arent ideal for tour engine real quick since not very man6 vendors say or even know for sure whT they're selling as far as what engine geomtry the parts are for.

I have pistone with wrong size wrist pin holes for all of my engines, cylinder jugs for multiple engines and such.

the engines are getting watered down with these mongrels taht are half one and half another and then there are the vendors that zay they have one thing and actually send you something different.

Bikeberry, dax and a few others know what they have and will shoot straight with you but ebay vendors are the ones that you have to just basically roll the dice with unless you know for sure from experience what they carry.