GoldenMotor.com

Crowvise

Feb 14, 2011
York, Pa
I've primarily joined this site because it had more info on the infameous CNS carbs than the "other" site I use. Although I had not used/seen the site until a few days ago I like that it appears less puritanical in it's censorship dealing w/expression.
Not that I don't like my original home site...
But 2 threads are better than 1.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. As for our censorship policy, looks like you've already discovered something about it. This is a family forum. That means there are women and children who frequent here and we make every effort to keep it a place where anyone can come and enjoy the content.
The intent of motorbicycling.com is for an exchange of ideas and information regarding the hobby of motorized bicycles. We strongly discourage and control offensive content.
With that said, feel free to share your knowledge and experience and benefit from any help we can offer.
Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I hate censorship, but realize that some posts and strong opinions can cause the site to lose the sponsors that make all this possible.
If you have strong opinions, it's better to private message them to other members.
I know that is a wimpy way to look at it, but sponsors help make the world go 'round.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
I also lurked at both sites, back in the beginning, before I settled in with this one. My hunch seems correct so far - there are some very serious and knowledgeable people here, and they make great friends.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Welcome to the forum. I hate censorship, but realize that some posts and strong opinions can cause the site to lose the sponsors that make all this possible.
If you have strong opinions, it's better to private message them to other members.
I know that is a wimpy way to look at it, but sponsors help make the world go 'round.
All true - except replace the words "sponsors" with "members" and "strong opinions" with "drama" ;)

Sponsors couldn't care less about the content, they jus' wanna get their name out to anyone/everyone - but for every member that likes to stir up trouble, there's a bunch who'd rather not deal with it and would leave... and I couldn't blame 'em - the site is after all about motorized bicycling, not 'Jerry Springer' silliness, there's other forums that cater to that kinda thing.

"Strong opinions" are fine - it's about how ya present them is all :)

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Belated welcome to the forum Crowvise!

And well-said Barely. A lot of us are gruff and rough-speaking types in person. I know I am, I've spent a lot of time around hard-types and working in steel plants. Nevertheless, such manners need not apply here. One thing many don't realize when posting on forums is that some day there's going to be someone searching for knowledge and that person is going to have to do the interweb equivalent of panning for gold.

Sure, some of us might like panning for gold, but lessening the number of pebbles equals a greater chance of success. Just my 2 cents.