Robin Subaru 35 CC with Staton Gearbox and Freewheel Crank

GoldenMotor.com

fireball_jones

Nov 1, 2008
wales
Congrad's on the design, i certainly apprciate practical design. this is certainly an intrestinmg mechanism, and has got my brain thinking of option> :) I did do some initial calutaluation of such a mech of propultion howver the crank rotated to fast eg 100rpm well beyond the 70 rpm of most of us ... uless your lance armstrong.

here is my bike

chain drive brompton folding bike - MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

can you please give us some more photos

and what is it like to ride?

thanks,

fireball....jones

picbuy

Mar 6, 2009
---
Congrad's on the design, i certainly apprciate practical design. this is certainly an intrestinmg mechanism, and has got my brain thinking of option> :) I did do some initial calutaluation of such a mech of propultion howver the crank rotated to fast eg 100rpm well beyond the 70 rpm of most of us ... uless your lance armstrong.

here is my bike

chain drive brompton folding bike - MotoredBikes.com: Motorized Bicycle Forum

can you please give us some more photos

and what is it like to ride?

thanks,

fireball....jones
I did upload now more photos in the principal post. The best of this bike is the ability of upload very steep hills. In the lower gear (28 - 34) the maximum speed is 12 - 14 kilometers per hour, and the high gear (48 - 14) maximum speed is 55 - 57 kilometers per hour.

In this page also have very good desings:
Jim Gallant's Homebuilt HPV Stuff

Other photos are:

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I just love this place for all the different designs, and the different people!

Thanks for sharing your bike with us picbuy, I've never seen a crank/drive setup quite like that before :)