using motorcycle forks on a beach cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

joelnotroll

Jun 11, 2009
san diego
Hi
Ive read about using motorcycle forks on a beach cruiser.
Seeing as I know nothing about motorcycles or their forks, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which forks these are:
(I took this image from Wolf Creative Customs's facebook page)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/312139_377862722333891_125837885_n.jpg

Also, what is required to use motorcycle forks on a beach cruiser(dyno specifically)?
Im building a dyno-glide frame similar to the frame in the picture.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
head tube length and diameter determines which fork fits. Most beach cruisers have a six inch plus or minus head tube and 1" dia steerer. The fork in your link likely came from an on-line vendor like choppersrus.com.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hi
Ive read about using motorcycle forks on a beach cruiser.
Seeing as I know nothing about motorcycles or their forks, I was wondering if anyone could tell me which forks these are:
(I took this image from Wolf Creative Customs's facebook page)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/312139_377862722333891_125837885_n.jpg

Also, what is required to use motorcycle forks on a beach cruiser(dyno specifically)?
Im building a dyno-glide frame similar to the frame in the picture.
Those are motorcycle forks that have been cleaned up by cutting
brackets off and the best person to ask would be the man himself
culvercityclassic.
That bike build is here on the forum.

Or come up to the race this Sat June 1st and Jeff may have the bike there.

joelnotroll

Jun 11, 2009
san diego
I wish I could make it out there this weekend! (Already have plans though :( )
I actually commented on his facebook photo asking, and just got "motorcycle forks"
and messaged him a week ago but never got a reply.

thanks for the help so far guys

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Jeff is a very busy guy. He not only builds, sells, races, fixes, fabricates, etc, but I believe he also has a job. So don't be too hard on him for not getting back. I can't identify those forks, but I can tell you that there is an easy way to determine what forks will work for you. First you need to figure out what diameter fork you currently have, and then find a motorcycle fork with the same size steerer tube. If you have a caliper handy (or if not, they probably are not that expensive, you dont need a fancy digital one), you can measure the fork yourself, but you will need to take it off the bike to do this. With the fork removed, put the caliper on the steerer tube to determine the diameter. It will either be 1" or 1 1/8". Then you can measure the length of the steerer tube with a tape measure. You can then search ebay for motorcycle forks that match your requirements.

joelnotroll

Jun 11, 2009
san diego
thanks, you guys are real helpful here!

And I actually did get a reply from him today;

"the forks are off a pit bike and the head tube bearings are modified to fit the Dyno frame. I had to lace in a special hub for this fork"

thanks for all your responses