2stroker shift kid or 4stroker?

GoldenMotor.com

Cobrarul69

Jun 4, 2011
Chicago
Im getting funds for a new build i am undecided should i go with a 80cc china girl with a shift kit or should i go for a 4 stroke 49cc with 44 tooth hd axle ?
im about 250lbs and need some thing to get me to school every day about 7 miles at lets say 30-35 mph i don't have hills on the way so i think the 44 tooth wouldn't be a problem.im going to have a disc break set up so stopping is not a problem.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
The 44T is too small for almost all 4-stroke kits. I recommend an EZM Q-matic kit, a Manic Mechanic custom adapter and 56-62T sprocket.
That'll be ~$700 total, but it will prolly always get you to school as long as you have gas in the tank and air in the tires!
The Q-matic is also easier on the bicycle than any other setup - it doesn't beat anything up :D

A 4-stroke is worth it in the long run. It will use less oil, get better fuel mileage, and require much less maintenance, being an
industrial/commercial engine. A chinagirl is a commie copy of another commie engine, it's reliability often unknown, many have
been known to be lemons. They can blow at any time. Shift kits require more maintenance and chain cost, too.

"If you can't afford to do it right the first time, you must afford to do it at least twice"

Last edited: