warming up

GoldenMotor.com

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ
What kills two strokes is heat. Gas and oil cool them down. I never let mine idle to warm up but I take it easy on them for a few blocks before I open it up.

skiball83

Nov 18, 2010
Chicago
I always warm mine up. Then again mine runs horrible when cold. Hot she screams and revs up like no other, and even changes tone to a nice two stroke dirt bikey sound (factory exhaust drilled out). I dont know, I just know what she likes. Listen to the women...I mean motor. It will tell you what she likes.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Point to remember- Cold seizure is when you run a two stroke too hard without warming it up enough. The piston expands faster (usually at the skirt) than the cylinder. Just be sure to take it easy for a couple of blocks before you pour on the coal.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
one thing i just noticed is me and Venice are from Southern California, and hammond egger is from Tucson, arizona.

a "cold" day for us is 50 degrees. the majority of the time we have warm weather, so our engines don't need a prolonged warming up period.

if your bike sits in a cold garage in freezing cold weather, it might be a good idea to let 'er warm up.

but it should still only take a minute or so.