Hybrid Gas/Electric (.50 Cal gun mount not included)

GoldenMotor.com

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I've wondered about rear electric hubs actually... When pedalling (or the motor running possibly? I see the way its set up I imagine you used a top hat adapter so likely not... probably makes it reaaaally torquey), the electric motor can still run obviously, however while your pedalling at say, 20kph (a decent bike cruising speed), does the electric motor's speed ADD on to that? so if it's only allowed to hit say 400 RPM (roughly 45kph), does that add on to your current pedalling power of 150RPM (rear tire, your feet obviously wont be spinning that quick) for 550RPM (lets assume the motor has the power to overcome the wind resistance, this would be pretty quick for an electric)? or does the motor spin independently of the operator and only ever hit a maximum of 400 RPM, and simply make it easier to pedal?

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
I've wondered about rear electric hubs actually... When pedalling (or the motor running possibly? I see the way its set up I imagine you used a top hat adapter so likely not... probably makes it reaaaally torquey), the electric motor can still run obviously, however while your pedalling at say, 20kph (a decent bike cruising speed), does the electric motor's speed ADD on to that? so if it's only allowed to hit say 400 RPM (roughly 45kph), does that add on to your current pedalling power of 150RPM (rear tire, your feet obviously wont be spinning that quick) for 550RPM (lets assume the motor has the power to overcome the wind resistance, this would be pretty quick for an electric)? or does the motor spin independently of the operator and only ever hit a maximum of 400 RPM, and simply make it easier to pedal?
All three modes of transport can be independent of each other. The drivetrain is broken up by a freewheeling chainring and a centrifugal clutch.

Top Speed is 40 MPH from a 50 toother connected to a 49cc.
Torque and initial takeoff is provided by the 1900 watt ehub.
Hill climbing is provided by both electric/gas being run simultaneously.
Battery range is extended by over 300% when the gas motor is used with the ehub.

I think that about covers it. LOL

Matricon

Jul 18, 2012
Baltimore
How do you control both the motors, do you have 2 twist throttles? Also what kind of tires are those? Definently like the front suspension and disc brake.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
How do you control both the motors, do you have 2 twist throttles? Also what kind of tires are those? Definently like the front suspension and disc brake.
Thumb throttle on the left and twist (gas) on the right. Tires are 24" Geax Tattoo Rigid's. Front forks are cheap RST Gila that keep my teeth from rattling out of my skull at 40 MPH and the brake disk is a 203mm Shimano XT Ice Tech. Brakes are Tektro Hydraulic with Hard Ceramic pads to slow me down with zero fade and little heat.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Badass bike Mike!
Thanks much man. It's a molar loosening ride on LA streets at speed. Cops see that Hella headlight in the front of my bike and do u turns in the street when I ride by them, only to see the dual PDW "Danger Zone" bike lights on the back of the bike. It's crazy. Never been stopped though. They just leave me alone. LOL

Here's some more crazy at 40 MPH in 720p (I had carburetor settings problems that day and tried to adjust them on the fly).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1maimbCB3M&list=UUF71qUCK1WnrweLe50XyiJg&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLctMt75aw&list=UUF71qUCK1WnrweLe50XyiJg&index=1&feature=plcp

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
nice ride !!!
looks well thought out ;)
my son in law and I did a gas/electric trike (front hub) a few years ago,,,great combo !!!
2 throttles and a china girl clutch were too complicated for his mom though :(
I had a few killer rides on it before we pulled the engine off (she still has it as electric only)

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
nice ride !!!
looks well thought out ;)
my son in law and I did a gas/electric trike (front hub) a few years ago,,,great combo !!!
2 throttles and a china girl clutch were too complicated for his mom though :(
I had a few killer rides on it before we pulled the engine off (she still has it as electric only)
Thanks Bill. The Q-Matic makes it all happen with my rear hub setup and it's completely seamless. You can use gas, electric or both. Battery range is extended with the gas motor running and MPG is increased with the e-hub running. 900+ total mileage. Hill climbing with both is like being slingshot'ed compared to the gas engine by itself.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
By FAR the coolest Felt build I've seen. The MP is a perfect choice for this as the .50 BMG boxes fit in so well and hold a lot of battery power for the monster e hub. Errr.. Which e kit is that anyways? Did you piece it togather or was it actually a kit? Ive been looking at the Magic Pie III but its rated at only ( heh only ) 1000W.

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
By FAR the coolest Felt build I've seen. The MP is a perfect choice for this as the .50 BMG boxes fit in so well and hold a lot of battery power for the monster e hub. Errr.. Which e kit is that anyways? Did you piece it togather or was it actually a kit? Ive been looking at the Magic Pie III but its rated at only ( heh only ) 1000W.
No kit. It was bought piece by piece at ebikesf.com. The hub is a Crystalyte HS3540 mated to a Crystalyte 40A 12 Fet Controller (2000 Watt). Battery is housed and sealed into the right hand ammo can. It's a AllCell 48V 12.9Ah Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt battery which packs a huge punch in a tiny package. Battery weight is only 8 lbs.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
it amazes me how many miles we are racking up on these. i live on an island the is only 28 miles long and 9 miles wide and am pushing close to 2,000 miles. great fun for sure

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
it amazes me how many miles we are racking up on these. i live on an island the is only 28 miles long and 9 miles wide and am pushing close to 2,000 miles. great fun for sure
Gas for me is basically free when you get 100+ mpg and my tank holds only 3/4 of a gallon, so I drive it like I stole it. LOL

miked826

Aug 6, 2011
Los Angeles
Indeed ! You DO drive it like you stole it! The uphill video is scarry as a POV vid. I'm Just watiting for a cager to open a car door and wack ya. Why ya selling the coolest bike on earth INHO? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hybrid-49cc...183&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=121035179592& OH! And Where did you get the batterys again? And why the different voltage one on the front?
LOL Scary for you? What terrifies me is the parked cars with limo tinted rear windows that I cant see thru. Thankfully the gas engine is plenty loud plus I have a 139DB horn I can use. The main AllCell battery was bought at ebikesf.com (AllCell 48v 12Ah 40A) and the other was bought on ebay. The front battery controls the horn, the front headlight, your cell phone, gps and any other 12v device you want to plug in.

I want to build a completely different "Electric Only" bike on a completely different type of bike. I would have initially built it but the idea never came to me at the time.