Needing a machinist

GoldenMotor.com

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
So I am having a real hard time finding a machine shop or machinist that does not want my left arm for payment. I need to have an adapter plate for my disk brake wheel made and I need to have the center hole on my sprocket enlarged If anyone is or knows of a machinist in or near Corvallis Oregon please let me know. I will try to make my own but I have not the tools needed to make it centrifugally balanced or the tool to ream out the sprocket thanks and peace out

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
What kind of adapter plate are you needing, becuase there a couple guys who sell brake/sprocket top hats

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I think that those would work perfectly, this is the wheel I bought I don't know what brand the hub is do you guys think the top hat will fit this hub and the price is way better than I was quoted for two hours shop time but it is still a little steep for my unemployment I am still thinking I might cut one out of 1/8" steel and see how round I can get it with a drill a dremel and some hand tools. If I can come up with enough money I will probably buy the top hat if it will fit my hub, it would be nice to be able to still use a disk brake. Thanks for the fast reply's

Zac19 rear rim with disc ready hub and 9 speed cassette - eBay (item 150555143317 end time Feb-03-11 15:17:23 PST)

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If cash is the problem just get the disc mounted sprocket first and the top hat later, I have a slightly used 39 tooth disc mounted sprocket from andy had it listed in swap section.
Cheers

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Do you have pics or a link to what you have. How does it do for clearance? I need the sprocket to be close to the spokes or I will Have alignment issues I wish I could just bolt the sprocket right to the hub but that would be to easy thanks

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Those sprockets are made to bolt right to the hub. If you need a little more clearence put a couple washers between the stays and hub. Check out my thread attached to my posts there is a pic of the sprocket on my cruiser.

Cheers