For those who need a kill switch

GoldenMotor.com

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
I have been searching for a replacement kill switch that wasn't ugly and I could attatch with relative ease for awhile, The answer lies in your local ATV/Powersport store. Tethered kill switches have a lanyard and cap that when pulled off will ground out the ignition and thus stop the engine, wire it like the regular one. They were originally made to act as a deadman if you fall off your vehicle but having a seperate piece that is required to run the bike in effect is like a key, and they already have brackets on them so you don't need zip ties and duct tape. $10-$20 for the tethered, normal motorcycle kill switches would work I believe, but don't look as good and don't have the added anti theft benefit.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
And just think, if you fall off your bike won't keep going! :p

Funny thing is back when I was young and dumb I had a sled, when I would remember to clip the tether on I'd forget, get off to check something and kill the engine. When I would forget to clip the tether on I'd fall off and end up chasing the machine. laff

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
LOL Kev. I read your first line quickly and saw "If you fall off your bike, you wont keep going"

Physics. There not just a good idea, it's the law.

I need more coffee