new toy purchase pic, NO Peddles on this one

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
No its not a motorized bicycle, but the first motorized bikes lead to its creation and since I have three motorized bikes and one 150cc China scoot I figured why not get Japanese made 2 wheeler too, got a great deal on it and just wanted to share a couple of pics with my MB-in Buds and/or Budettes.

It's an 1982 Yamaha XJ650 Maxim, 19,391 original miles and very well maintained, not bad for almost 30 years old.

Yamaha Specs are 71HP @ 9400 RPM and 1/4 mile time of just a tad over 12 seconds, 55-60MPG if driven right and will get me to town a bit quicker when I need too, I just wanted something that I could go farther on and take the wife with me if she wants to go on a road trip out to our local lake or something.

Anyway just wanted to share with you guys and gals, been thinking about a design for a trailer that I could put at least one or maybe 2 of my MB's on and pull behind the Maxim..... that would be very cool......huh?(^)

Peace, map

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I may remove it until the cooler weather sets in in a couple months and then it will be real nice to help keep the cold air off a bit, but yes I will miss out on all those tasty bugs with it on...LOL!
(^)

You should at least remove the windshield, or you're gonna miss out on all those delicious bugs.

:p

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sweet ride, Shan.
You'll enjoy that one but it'll spoil you. You'll get on your MB, twist the throttle and say,
"Hey, what's wrong here?" :)
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
I bet if you fill the gas tank all the way up and shake the bike side to side the gas will stay in the tank and not gush out all over the motor - :)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah Tom it will spoil me a bit from the china scooter I've been running around on for the longer rides but, I just really haven't found anything that takes the place of my MB's for a very unique kind of fun, I will always enjoy the MB's I've riden motorcycles all my life and although they are very enjoyable I still get a special thrill out of the MB's everytime I ride.

ya know....I can take a stick and hold it against the grinding wheel on my bench grinder to sharpen it down to a point and thats OK, but I can take that same stick and pull out my old pocket knife and widdle it down to a point and it is more enjoyable to me to use the knife even though it's slower and it does a rougher job of it, kinda the same for me with the MB's if you get my drift here, I'll have MB fun on the MB's and scooter fun on the scooter, and Yamaha XJ650 fun on the Yamaha XJ650, there is something great about all of it and I'm just thankful I'm able to do & enjoy all of it...! thats a real blessing IMHO

Peace, map

Sweet ride, Shan.
You'll enjoy that one but it'll spoil you. You'll get on your MB, twist the throttle and say,
"Hey, what's wrong here?" :)
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah I've known people in the past that had the Maxims and they are just good solid dependable bikes, and they aint no slouch on performance either, just a good all around package in my opinion and I've always loved the lines of these bikes.

peace, map

Pretty scoot. You will be pleased to know about the only time The motorcycle shop saw one was for tires, or a tune up.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep no sloshing around and getting fuel everywhere...... that is a real pain when I get my MB tanks a bit to full and have that gas spewing out around that mickey mouse gas cap they use on the china girl tanks.

Peace, map

I bet if you fill the gas tank all the way up and shake the bike side to side the gas will stay in the tank and not gush out all over the motor - :)