some weird noises

GoldenMotor.com

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
hey guys,
I switched my spark plug from the plug that comes with the kit to an NGK b6hs a few days ago and im getting some weird noise coming out of the motor now at lower speeds. its kind of a plong sound. didnt have that noise with the kit plug..i am getting slightly better performance out of it at higher speeds.....just wondering if this is normal.....and before you ask, I am running rich through the motor even with the stock carb's clip on the highest level of the pin.....lots of carbon build up on the plug.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Hey, did you gap your new plug? You'll want it around .028 to .032, lower rpm means less power to the plug. For your rich condition you can solder the jet closed and re-drill it smaller. There are threads around on how to do that, and sizes.

gl.

fm2200

Nov 16, 2008
new york city
check the plug for the right color, if it's whitish or powdery grey it's too hot a plug. Are the threads the same length as on the original plug? If the threaded portion of the plug is longer than the original, it could be making contact with the top of the piston.

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
thats not it. its a ngk b6hs plug and its gapped right, not hitting the top of the piston either. not a whitish color either.....its almost like im not getting any fuel to it. just changed out the gasket on the intake manifold a second ago....am gonna try to run it and see if it works or not. will gwt back to yall in just a second.

hmmmmm..... well still not working. i may not be getting spark.....gonna switch spark plugs out with the old kit plug and see if that makes any difference.if thats not it im gonna change my intake manifold out and nix the boost bottles and see if thats the problem.

Last edited:

Elixys

Sep 14, 2010
Midland, TX
Woot!! that got it going again. changed out the NGK plug for the kit plug and took a couple more pedals than what im used to but fired right up :) i wasnt getting enough fuel to the motor aparantly.