Shoes for racing motorized bikes

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just some insight on foot apparel for racing our motorized bicycles.....what do you wear?

Here are the shoes I've been wearing for the last year and a half and they aren't too bad and provide ample ankle protection and cost $50. They are Bilt "pit boots" and are available from Cycle Gear: http://www.cyclegear.com/

They are still holding up OK but I just bought a new pair of shoes for this upcoming 2014 race season. I believe these will work just as well, offer adequate ankle protection and should be even a little more comfortable for my wide EE width feet.

My current racing shoes by Bilt:

My new racing shoes......also made in china:

What's on your racing feet?

.wee.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
May y'alls new shoes be like they were when you were a kid...........'cause my new shoes always made me run faster!!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
The PF Flyers were my shoe of choice in my pre-teen years! I think Mom liked 'em because they weren't super expensive.....

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
My favorite hightop shoes as a lil' whippersnapper were a pair of navy and white British Knights, can you believe they're collector's items now? lol

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
As I remember in around 7th grade the popular sports shoe of choice was the Addidas "ROM".....white leather with the famous 3 blue stripes. They were a whopping $16 a pair back then laff

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think some of the early PF Flyers can with a striping kit so yours didn't look like everybody else's.